9 months on 9 months off?

I keep forgetting to post on here - Nunheadmum, no idea, but what a result! Grotty, I hope your motivation has returned this week and that you get a good result. Uptime, fantastic so far, it's great when people start to notice, makes the hard work worth it.

And then there's me. Goal reached quite a few weeks ago now, still feeding my baby with the introduction of solids just starting, and I'm now almost half a stone UNDER my goal! Absolutely not intentional, I am tracking points to make sure I eat enough - last week I tried a week on 50 points a day, ate all of my weeklies and all of my exercise points, and I still lost a pound! Crazy.

To give you an idea of how much food that is, last Saturday night I had GBK, wine, half a bag of liquorice allsorts as well as a pretty standard breakfast and lunch, and only just went over 50 points! God only knows how I'm losing weight eating so much!

This week I really don't want to lose any more, so bizarrely I need you all to send me "stay the same" vibes.

no more motivation, still eating rubbish but managed to break even this morning so feel like i've been given a second chance. Must try again! going back to work on Thursday so hoping to incorporate some exercise into my working week!

Hello all,

I'm just wondering whether anyone would be interested in buying locally homemade zero points soup and salads etc.?

I often find that I make large batches of soups, salads and other homemade meals for my ww plan and thought there may be others with less time who would like homemade options without having to cook from scratch all the time.

I would start out with zero points soups, say 3 different types a week and deliver them in batches to you locally.

I'm thinking of charging about ?1 per soup (large cup), or 5 for ?4, plus ?1 for local delivery (each delivery, not per item).

After that could branch out to salads and stews - pasta sauces, bolognese, casseroles etc. which would be pro pointed and home made.

Just an idea as I think the ww ready meals are awful but cooking from scratch all the time is so time consuming!

Please do let me know if you think this is a good idea, and if you might be interested.

Best,

Georgina

Great idea Georgina. I'm afraid I do have the time but if I didn't I would definitely use you - good luck

Sorry I haven't been here for ages. Summer and Olympics proving a great distraction. Plodding along. My running has slowed down considerably due to having kids everyday and Mr Pebbles not getting home til late every night. Weight loss slowed down but understandably with the amount of summer and Olympic things i've got going - too much blooming alcohol. Am trying for an alcohol free week this week - fingers crossed.

I'm still counting and still motivated just having a little summer slowdown!!!!

Hey Georgina, I just saw your other thread and replied there - but basically I think you need to be very careful in terms of using the WW name or Propoints on food you're making, as they are brands and fiercely protected by the company.

Ha ha ha, if ever you want incentive to lose weight check out this link - it likens you to an athlete

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

I'm laughing so much i can't type!!!! I don't know whether i really want to admit this but not only was i a man but also a weightlifter!!!!! I daren't think about what i would have been before my 3 1/2 stone weight loss!!!!!

Actually i would have preferred that as at least i'm a woman - but a shot putter!!!!

Female Cameroon football player. At least it would be warm and sunny there.

Strawbs, I tried Dukan on the recommendation of friend for whom it was very successful. I lost 4lbs within a week, which was a nice kick start to my post-preg weight loss, but ultimately I found Dukan totally unsustainable. I'm a foodie and do a lot of after-work events, so it was tricky for me to stick to the boring protein-laden food. I have found WW much easier to fit around my life and have lost more through that, in conjunction with increased exercise.

Strawbs - I have looked at the Dukan but I like my alcohol too much which i can have on WW.

I know quite a few friends who have lost weight very successfully on Dukan but they have all said they have had to change their lives and have stuggled with going out for dinner and having dinner parties etc.

From what I can gather the first week will be hard for anyone but once veggies are reintroduced it gets easier but if like me you like fruit that's a no no as is alcohol.

Whatever diet you decide on this thread is absolutely for you :) not just us WW people i promise.

I think at the end of this I would like to be "a rower" - and obviously a female one :)

Just put my starting weight in - back in Feb I was likened to an Ecuadorian weight lifter, so I'm pleased with my progression to table tennis!

Good news for me, I stayed the same this week, finally. Just a week until I go to NZ and eat all things I miss, so no doubt I'll be back to tracking points again once I get back to London ;)

I lost 1/2 lb this week which i was absolutely thrilled about with all the Olympics and boozing i'm doing :) Exercise just hasn't happened at all this week and probably won't next week but back into it week after as I've got a 3km lake swim 2nd weekend of Sept - a little nervous now :)

Hows everyone else doing?

I broke even again but thrilled as I still wasn't counting this week and expected more gain.

I ran to work yesterday so hoping I'll get in the habit of doing this a couple of times a week, and I'm back counting points.

Hopefully, hopefully next week will see my first weight loss in over a month! 8lbs to go...

• 4 weeks later...

Grotty, that is FANTASTIC! What a brilliant achievement :)

All good here, a trip to NZ under my belt and I'm managing to maintain my weight without too much of a struggle. My running has fallen by the wayside at the moment, but I've been doing an exercise DVD at home most lunchtimes (the 30 Day Shred one which is good, and I'm generally not an exercise DVD type of person).

Well done Grotty. I'm doing reasonably well and definitely the lightest I have been in a long time. Still wouldn't fit back into my wedding dress but hey that might be unrealistic as I was about 8 stone then! I am swimming twice a week and then have a one hour session with a trainer. The pro point counting has fallen by the wayside though...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I know everyone else has been and gone and lost that baby weight, but here I am 9 months on and 18 months still on. I've had a few things conspire against me over the summer but yesterday I restarted ww tracking and this morning I went for a 2 mile run. I basically need to lose 30kg, which is daunting, but maybe if I think of it in 10 (or 5?)kg blocks?

This is going to be HARD.