Pellatt Road

Jelly83

We are a couple of roads up from Pellatt, this is a lovely part of ED, really love being so close to everything!

V minor comment, and may not apply but one of the roads in this vicinity (I think it's Pellatt but could be wrong) has houses with no realistic storage for bins. There are houses with steps up to front door or down to cellar level so presumably v awkward lugging bins up or down. The paths end up with all the bins on them (not sure if this is just bin day or every day) but if you have mobility issues or are pushing a pram it's really awkward getting round them all.

Probably not relevant but is genuinely the only negative I know of and Ive here for the last 5 years.

I live in a nearby street, and its a great part of ED. The houses are nice, the roads are generally quiet - you feel like you are away from it all - but you are so close to Lordship Lane as well as North Cross Rd. The Sainsburys Local is only a short walk away, and its open from 7am-11pm everyday.

Heber Rd Primary School is close by if you have young children.

Its close to the Mag - which I tend to visit for "one more" on the way home - but within 5 mins walk you will find another 5 pubs or so.

I have no problem with bin storage - even with twice the amount of bin volume required!

Overall - I think the Landcroft Rd - Whateley Rd - Crystal Palace Rd triangle is very underrated and good value!

Good luck!

Hi Jelly83,

I moved to Pellatt Road in June last year and we love it. It's

A lovely quiet road, hardly any through traffic... Our neighbours our great, the houses are nice looking.

It's a great location as it's close enough to LL and Northcross Rd but also quite close to Dulwich library and Dulwich park which is great for a stroll/run.

The Mag pub and Jacks cafe are an added bonus... And popping round to collect post form the sorting office (already mentioned) is very handy!

Best road in E.D,

Good luck with the move!

Anna.

We're on Pellatt Road. Have been here 4 years and absolutely love it. Far enough away from the main part of Lordship Lane to never have any parking issues and close enough to be there in a few minutes. It's also an easy walk to Herne Hill station which is good if you fancy an alternative route into town.

And the Mag is great!

Thanks Sonners, it's good to know parking isn't too much of an issue. It does seem to be a very peaceful road. Thanks for the tip re. Herne Hill. I didn't realise that it was that close. If we move to the area, I must check out the Mag and Jacks judging by all the comments so far!

• 2 weeks later...