A new site listing activities for babies and toddlers

EDtots

In a bid to try to help with the regular queries of what weekly activities are on for babies and toddlers, I've put together an online resource for the ED community: EDtots.

It is a work in progress as there are a lot of classes to add to the list so I figured it might be better to post the link to it in advance of any grand unveiling so that local activity organisers can add their own classes at the same time that I work on building up the database.

It is free to use the site and hopefully anyone with a wee tot will find it useful. Unfortunately there are constraints on the size of files, etc on the site so I am unable to list masses of information on any given activity, but there are also links to the providers own sites so you can find out further details if you're interested.

If anyone runs a class and would like to add it to the list, please go to the New Activity Form page. If you attend a class you'd like to recommend, just drop me a message here or on the site Contact Form and I'll look into the details for the class.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments and the PM's giving details of suggested classes. I don't have previous experience in creating a website so it is all a learning experience for me. Bear with me whilst I figure out how to work some of the gadgets and links!

Looking into advertising is also an item on the to do list, but will try to keep any adverts to a minimum so it is easy to find what you're looking for.

Cheers!

This is great thanks!

One thing to point out is that the site is not iPhone friendly. I can only see as far as the column 'term time only' on my phone and can't scroll across any further.

Some other things to add are jelly babies, rhyme time and soft play at the leisure centre.

I have enabled the mobile view. On my phone it means the sidebar (showing the days of the week) is minimised and you have to click on it to show the options. This should mean that most of the columns in the table are visible, but you may have to click on the top (All) button of the last column to see the full address.

I will see if there is any other way to adjust the table view, but for now this should work. I don't have an iPhone, so let me know if still a problem.

• 1 month later...

Evening all.

It has taken a while, but I think we have a solution for the iPhone scrolling issue. I've changed the Monday Activities table and it should now show all the classes without needing to scroll.

Before I roll out any changes to the other days, please do let me know if this now causes problems on other systems. Sorry - am sure there is a way I can test this on different formats myself, but as previously mentioned... this is all new to me!

Further changes will be made to make it easier to link from the Activities page to provider's websites and to improve little things (like freezing the headings when moving down the page), but for now would be good to just know that it runs ok for everyone. One known issue is that some operating systems may tell you the content may not be secure and you have to click ok to accept that and for it to run. For now, please do just click ok and will try to find a fix for that too!

Thanks for all the lovely pm's and emails received!

Edited to say... here is the link to go straight to Monday's page:

http://www.edtots.co.uk/directory/monday-activities