Spanish toddler group

arworld

Hi arworld,

Apologies for hijacking your post but I would also be very interested in attending and finding out any information anyone may have on Spanish toddler groups. I'm half spanish and although my little one is only turning 1 in March I'm interested in starting her up as soon as possible! :)

I understand. The singing bit is separate, I am trying to start some sort of a nursery rhyme group babies and mums in herne hill but that is somethng separate. A group to practice spanish would be nice not only to speak spanish but also to meet people with children in the area. My mother tongue is Spanish but my husband is learning now and this could be great for him too as he could communicate to our son in spanish. Any ideas of venues or maybe a pub on weekends? We live in herne hill and the florence has a nice space and is great for children as it has a play room.

Thanks Hazelnunhead! Will get in touch with colour box nursery this week and post back on this thread, thank you!

I'd be really interested in helping set up/attending a class. A pub meet up would be great MoniqueBello and I would definitely attend one of your rhyme groups.

The Herne, The Mag or The Gardens Cafe are all good places to meet up with babies too.

Agree, never too early, I've only spoken in Spanish to our baby (now 14 months). Happy to meet next weekend 3rd/4th March. Maybe a good idea to meet somewhere in the middle not quite ED nor Herne Hill but Dulwich, The Dog for a drink anytime after 12? How many of us would be up for it? better sat or sun?

Great idea, I'm at a wedding on the 3rd but could do the 4th....???

I'm bi-lingual but I tend to speak English to my little one most of the time, which I could kick myself for!

Partner would be interested in picking up some Spanish too and I really want baby to grow up speaking both languages, as I did.

I'm happy to meet anywhere, middle ground sounds perfect :)

Hi all,

I'm Spanish and speak to my toddler in Spanish pretty much all the time since he was born and he is starting to say words (both in English and Spanish) but the great thing is that he understands what I say 100%. I know there is a Spanish group in Camberwell but have failed so far to check it out although I have it on the cards for next Thursday as I have heard it really is very good.

MoniqueBello - a sing along Spanish group would be really excellent.

I should be able to come along to the meet up next weekend. Only thing is my boy sleeps after lunch until about 2.30/3pm so could we maybe do a morning coffee/tea/hot chocolate instead?

Does that work for anyone else?

My husband and I would love to attend on the 4th (not fussy about time). Neither of us are native speakers but we have rusty intermediate Spanish which we need to practise and would like our 5 month old son to grow up with some exposure to the language.

We also came across this the other day: http://www.thehill.org.uk/eventdetails.asp?eventid=773&back=-2

My little one would be too young for it at the moment but perhaps would be good for those of you with toddlers?

I am Spanish and my husband is English and we'd love for our son to have some Spanish playmates too and encourage his Spanish since I end up talking mainly in English. The Dog on the 4th sounds pretty good but our son has a nap between 12 -2:30 too, so meeting in the afternoon would be much better otherwise he will just sit there and be hyperactive!

Great to see the interest.

Not a problem about the time, seems easier for most in the afternoon after feeding/nap etc as it is for me. Shall we agree to meet from 2:30 onwards and people can arrive 2:30, 3 as convenient?

Details now:

For the Mums/dads toddlers spanish group first meeting

From 2:30 onwards

Location, the DOG on Dulwich Village

All welcome, spanish speakers/ keen learners/ intermidiate /children/babies too (no age restriction)

Maybe we can decide on a main subject for that day so we can all start doing a bit of research in spanish if possible or english (if times allows it) something interesting for all, common knowledge, or in the news something current any ideas?

For the sing-a long group

details to be confirmed once venue is decided,

I had no idea how popular this would become when I initially posted!! Sorry I have been away this weekend hence no reply.

We are def. up for meeting up on 4th. Our little one has a nap from 1:00 to 3:00 so will try to get there just after 3:00.

Look forward to meeting you all!!!

Anna

I'm a lapsed Spaniard, I try to talk to El Pibi?o in Spanish, but far too inconsistently. I'd be interested in going along to something like this though only weekends would work for me unfortuantely as he's full time in nursery (plus my rusty Spanish could do with some help too).