New traditional sweet shop

Annien

There's a new sweetshop opening up at 57 Dartmouth road, SE23...hurrah! I love Hope and Greenwood so am pleased something is opening up a little bit closer to where I live. Roll on Easter!

Apparently they'll be stocking speciality breads, chutneys, mustards etc as well. Opening on Good Friday.

Name is Sugar Mountain (and no, I will not be working there and I don't know the owner...I just like sweets so am spreading the word to other sweet lovers :-))

• 7 months later...

Don't usually do recommendations but Sugar Mountain is a FANTASTIC addition to the area.

If you have not visited already think Hope & Greenwood but much larger with fabulous breads (at the weekends )

homemade vinegars and chutneys, American cereal, cake pops and many other unusual treats.

Didn't think I would visit much when it first opened but with such a large variety of savoury and sweet treats

it has become one of our regular haunts.

Take a peek one day - you will not be disappointed !

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lemon sherberts!

Used to suck those until I could feel bits of my palate hanging off and I could taste blood...

Wouldn't be surprised if they were now banned on health and safety grounds.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh God, Fruit Salad - but have you tried them after you've undergone your first filling - it's a nightmare.

But I loved how my tongue managed to seek out lodged bits of Fruit Salad (and Black Jacks, for that matter) from in between teeth HOURS after I had consumed them...mmmmm...