Nature Play - if the 'outdoors' is something you feel is important for your children

NATURE PLAY is...

A child-led play group

For all ages

Deep in the woods

Every Thursday regardless of the weather

and its free

The purpose of this group is for letting babies and children 'go' in nature, to play, explore and connect.

In order for our children to bond with nature and the earth they must spend time in it and on it. We have a beautiful woodland safe place for our children to play, right in this big city.

Its good for babies: In the first two years of life your baby's brain is operating in the frequency range used in hypnosis; delta and theta, these are pure download states. Babies are downloading EVERYTHING at four billion bits per second! So to be in nature and on the earth is to be connected.

Its good for toddlers and older children: Children need to play for their brains to grow to their full potential, to evolve in their imagination and creativity. Please don't bring any toys into the woods, there are plenty of 'sausages', 'horses', 'houses' etc there already.

Meeting point: On the edge of Sydenham Hill Wood, on Cox's Walk there is a bridge named Pissarro's Bridge, we meet here every Thursday at 10.30am sharp.

What to bring: Food to share, a cup for tea, picnic blanket, wet weather gear if its raining.

What to expect: The lovely people at London Wildlife Trust have given us a flat clearing area off the beaten track, there are some steps, uneven paths, kissing gates and hills involved to get there... so pushchairs should be replaced with slings or shoulder rides.

FREE

Mums, Dads, Caregivers, Nannys, Homeschoolers - all welcome.

We ask that you have 1 child per adult and no more than 3 children under the care of an adult for safety reasons.

For more information please join the Nature Play : South East London facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nature-Play-South-East-London/207738685928324 or (if you are not on facebook) feel free to email me at [email protected].

Please visit http://www.nature-play.co.uk for more information.

Yes, it means you (the adult) have to have at least one child, no more than three. That way making sure we don't have anyone one without kids turning up. And no more than three because you the adult are responsible for the child(ren) you have with you at Nature Play.

There is no top age as such, so all ages welcome.

Clare

Oh I was also always a bit confused by that sentence! In second week of Easter Hols I might come with hubby. Can we please share our one child ;)

Maybe it should say 'every adult must be accompanied by one child (unless two parents/carers attending for same child) but no more than three kids under the care of a single adult for safety reasons'

It's a bit of mare to write all that in a sentence!

Molly come along!

Xx

Well, you just never know do you.. and to be fair this is the first 'family' specific page I have put the word out to.

The group has been running for a year now through an open facebook page and word of mouth.

Its always good to cover yourself - if some odd person does actually turn up without kids (which would be rather odd, but could happen), then it is easier to point out that we don't allow such things as stipulated in the group info.

Good idea, no?

Nature Play totally rules - I had been going with my daughter up until we moved to north london a couple of months ago, and loved it so much that we started a Nature Play North London branch up here! Really recommend it to anyone - you will be amazed by how your children play, and by how each week is different. The mum's are so lovely too.

This sounds absolutely brilliant but unfortunately I am outnumbered by children. Please repost if you ever run it at a weekend as I imagine a lot more people could come as they'd be 2 parents available rather just 1 during the week.

• 1 month later...