Mooncup?

Not read all the postS but I started using one about 4 years ago and have never looked back.

Absolutely brilliant. Does take a little practice but worth it. One thing I've notices that you have to check the tiny holes are clear. If they are blocked you don't get a good seal.

simonethebeaver Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I love my mooncup. No way would I change to

> anything else. Although I want mooncup wisdom.

> I've been using size A for quite a bit past 30

> with no problems! But I have now sprogged (VB) and

> am waiting for my womanly blessing to return. Do I

> have any chance of my size A still doing the job?

yes def try the old size, I didnt after having my first child I just threw old one out, bought the bigger one but couldnt use it, it was far too big and had to go and buy smaller one again!

I just empty mine in to the loo and wipe it out if needed. Some ladies carry a small water bottle to rinse it with. As long as your hands are clean it's not a problem. Risk of infection is lower than using a tampon. Then I boil mine at the end of each cycle.

The great thing about them is they hold a lot and you can leave it in a lot longer than an ordinary tampons. I find I only need to do it in public if I'm out for a long day. I think they are safe to leave in for 12 hours.

hi yes rambles is right, ive never had to empty mine while out and about,it holds a third of your total blood loss so you needent worry about having to deal with them in public toilets, and if you did feel you needed to you could just empty and wipe round or use a diabled toilet if in a shopping centre or somewhere like that as they have a sink in the cubicle with them.

I always did as Ludo suggested and on the rare occasions I had to empty it in public, used the disabled loo.

After I got the hang of it, I was a right Mooncup convert. Haven't had a period in almost four years, but when I do, will use one again. Wonder if I need a 'bigger' model? Am under 30 and haven't had a VB, just c/s...

Been using mine for six years and I must say I absolutely love it and have tried to convert all that will listen. Much more comfortable than tampons - what others say about the frequency of changing is absolutely right. And has saved me a fair bit of money as well after the initial investment.

Do it.

• 3 months later...

sillywoman Wrote:

>

> I've been sitting on the fence for a while now but

> I think, prompted by your friends review and the

> posts from the lovely women of ED on here, that I

> will bite the bullet and get one. Thanks for

> thetop tip about avoiding alcohol though VanessPMR

> - will take that firmly on board (more sniggering

> into my cup of tea over that one).

>

> :))

Update:

. . . aaaaand - I'm a convert. OMG this little contraption has really changed my life. I love it. No more horrible pads, risks of night time leaks, tampons-that-I-can't-tolerate-for-long, or concerns that my handbag will fall open & an emergency pad will fall out. Mooncups are brilliant!!

Yay! So pleased you are a convert!!

sillywoman Wrote:

> sillywoman Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > I've been sitting on the fence for a while now

> but

> > I think, prompted by your friends review and

> the

> > posts from the lovely women of ED on here, that

> I

> > will bite the bullet and get one. Thanks for

> > thetop tip about avoiding alcohol though

> VanessPMR

> > - will take that firmly on board (more

> sniggering

> > into my cup of tea over that one).

> >

> > :))

>

>

>

> Update:

> . . . aaaaand - I'm a convert. OMG this little

> contraption has really changed my life. I love it.

> No more horrible pads, risks of night time leaks,

> tampons-that-I-can't-tolerate-for-long, or

> concerns that my handbag will fall open & an

> emergency pad will fall out. Mooncups are

> brilliant!!

Fantastic review!

I've just ordered mine after years of looking at them. Somehow up until a month ago I thought they were inserted the other way round, so was always put off by them being a bit 'pointy' - horrific! Fingers (and legs) crossed!

• 6 months later...

ok so i just tried my mooncup - i've had it for a while after this thread and i remembered to try it out when I read this (right time). DOES NOT WORK FOR ME or am i just doing it wrong. Was uncomfortable and excruiating when I took it out. Sigh. And I thought it was to be the answer to all my problems.

Still think it is a brilliant invention though.

Susypx