It's primary school applications results day!!!

clux

Hi Sanne Panne, you can definitely hold on to an offer of a school place while waiting in case a place comes up at a higher ranked school on your CAF. I would recommend it as it is better not to turn down a school place until you are certain of a place at another school. If you wish to go onto the waiting list for other schools you didn't initially apply to, you can do that too. If you get an offer from a school waiting list, at that time you can decide which school to send your child to, the one you were originally offered or the school that you have now been offered.

Hi Pasta, are you moving into or out of or within Southwark? With Southwark's community schools in this area being oversubscribed, it's not worth applying until you move. When you move, the determining factor will be how close you are to your nearest school. This is because waiting lists for in-year admissions follow the same criteria as for applications for reception. There are often some places coming up over summer even in the most oversubscribed school, but these will go to the children who live the closest to the school. It is the addition of new children to waiting list in conjunction with children being recharacterised under the school's admissions criteria which causes that people can move down as well as up waiting lists. If one of your children secures a place at your school of choice, than the sibling will jump up the waiting list to the top end. Siblings are ranked in distance order above non-sibling applicants. If you are applying to a church school, than ranking is done on fsith and then distance from the school. You don't need to be religious to attend a faith school, it's just that people who follow that faith have priority.

If you contact me by email with more details of your plans, I would be happy to help you.

Renata

• 2 weeks later...

Renata thank you, have pm'd you.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience of in-year admissions with 2 children? Good to know that if one child gets in, the other one would go to the top of the waiting list but what would the waiting list child do in the meantime? (can't go to old school as too far away) If they were allocated another school, how would i get the other one to school on time? Am starting to panic now!

Was told am 100m away from nearest school which is good but only has 1 class a year so less likely for movement?

• 2 weeks later...

Kaska Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sanne Panne Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Kaska Wrote:

> >

> --------------------------------------------------

>

> > -----

> > > None of my choices,a school 3 miles away in

> > Herne

> > > Hill...sob

> >

> > Oh no!! 3 miles is a lot! Which school did you

> > get? St Judes, St Saviour? Not aware of any

> other

> > schools that are technically in Herne Hill??

>

>

> Jessop...

P'raps not much consolation for you (since 3 miles really is unreasonably far to go at reception age) but maybe for anyone more on the Herne Hill side who's been allocated there... but Jessop has (only just this week) had an outstanding Ofsted report.

Jessop Ofsted

It has new buildings & AFAIK has moved from 1 form to 2 form entry over the past few years so hopefully if it starts to attract more parents local to it, that may ease the pressure a bit on very over-subscribed Herne Hill / West Dulwich schools like Rosendale.

Anyway, good luck Kaska on getting things sorted out & hope you eventually end up with something in reasonable distance to you!

• 2 months later...

chantelle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just got the letter and we are only 27 meters off

> first choice Stillness so should have a decent

> shot on the wait list.

How far are you away then? We are hoping for Stillness but not this year, year after next, we live about 330 meters away.

D.