Gordon Brown

fish

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> By all the gods! How did a good rant about the

> malicious evil that reigns supreme in government

> turn into a housewives?, horn fest over a chubby,

> beige Scotsman?

Malicious evil???? come now. apart from being delicious (seriously, I couldnae speak in his presence) the brains, integrity and moral fibre have surely got to count for something? (the oleaginous Blair would just slide right off)

Tricky job in this current climate, not sure hes the man but I dont know who else would be. Untill the current bad odour from usa is passed its tough, impossible even to fully concentrate on what we need in this country, I personally think. Brown? good luck to him but no chance really. Im sure he as a lot of ideas of what hed like to do. Who knows when the next call from washington will be for support. He cant say no can he? All sorts of financial pressure to kow tow. plus he lurves Thatcho and of course she was big on 'special relationship'. I couldnt stand the sight of Brown at first , had that look of someone trying to pull the wool over your eyes, waffle self confidently as if he knows what the answers are. However, when i found out that

he had facial surgery from an accident and a broken eye, I realised that really contributes to some of the expressions he pulls. Some of the ones that make you think "twot". That aint fair so, give him a chance I guess. Im aware that 'pulling out troops' is soon followed by ..sending some more out. thats the pressure.

>>The Falklands - political / intelligence cock up to allow them to be invaded unexpectedly - an act of aggression that >>was against international law. A proper, and well conducted, military response was carried out to recover the islands >>that had been invaded by another nation. <<

She was determined to go to war no matter what, and attempts by the Americans to head it off by diplomacy were brushed aside. Still it won the next election for her...

Blair, Major, Thatcher, Heath even. They all enjoyed being PM. I just don't think his hearts in it. He looks very unsure of himself and comes across as completely unconvincing, to me. Just read Private Eye and his (GB's) brother is head of media relations at EDF (the French energy firm) who look like they are going to be building all these new Nuclear power stations no one wants. Have I missed something?