Love thy neighbour...

TheRealMorris

TheRealMorris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's a bit unnecessary isn't it Annette Curtain?

> Some might say there's a fine fine between being a

> creep and being a good old-fashioned romantic?

>

> Could it be you are feeling a tad jealous you

> aren't receiving such attention I wonder...

I am jealous actually Morris

You sound like a good old fashioned romantic/slight weirdo

I wish you well

*cries into pillow*

"Why doesn't a weirdo want meeee..eee"

:-$:-S

Unless there's something seriously wrong with you it's hard to be creepy if you're under the age of 30-ish. If on the other hand you are 47 and she's 23 it's very different.

I had to remind myself that this week when I hired a 24 year old hot shot grad and we started talking about her about favourite bands. I stopped before getting too Ricky Gervais.

Mr Ben (36 years old and still down with the kids) *snaps fingers Ali G style*

Ahem.

So there is definitely nothing creepy about this situation as I'm under the 30 year threshold. The other good news is she was spotted at the weekend so things are looking up at the moment. I'm thinking this week might be the week something will happen, maybe.

A bit old-fashioned, I realise, but have you tried introducing yourself and saying welcome to the road? Apparently Bill Clinton takes a woman's hand when he's introduced to her and then keeps hold of it a bit too long. If she lets him, she's interested.

At least then you'll be able to greet her by name every time you see her.

Or arrange a party and do the courteous thing and warn all your close neighbours and say they're very welcome to join you. That way there's an opening if she's interested but you haven't committed yourself, AND all your neighbours think you've got nice manners and won't mind about the noise.

Oh yeah, I had one of those once. I wasted an awful lot of money in Selfridges lingerie department before he came out.

But where does the shag dodging come into it? Is Real Morris the shag dodger because he won't ask her out and prefers the thrill of the virtual chase? Or is New Neighbour the shag dodger because she hasn't jumped his bones yet?

I'm very confused.

It's confusing but I assume I'm the shag dodger. Good one Netts.

To be honest I don't think I qualify for this title as I haven't really been trying that hard yet, unless you consider posting on here as making a big effort? Probably you do.

I hope my neighbour isn't a shag dodger, this would complicate things.

I don't think groping or asking for a shag is going to work with this one, but thanks. Also, I don't want to tarnish my reputation around ED, which those actions could potentially damage.

Poor morris

Imagine when/if he does actually get-it-on

His mind will be a-whirr with images from this forum. Heads-in-jars-kittens-shagdodging-and-tit-gropes

The whole thing could become a self fulfilling prophecy by proxy & he'll run a mile.

A virtual Tarring and feathering

(mainly by *Bob* I have to say:-$)

Netts

Jeez Morris - just knock on the door and ask to buy her a drink.

You might not even like her. This peculiar 'courtly love' scenario you've created in your head is objectifying and dehumanising her. She's a real person, and probably has all manner of irritating habits and unpleasant hang ups.

She might be great - in which case I guarantee that she'll have little time for people who worship from afar and fret in their front room about the perfect first encounter.

Get a pair. Girls like that.

I would say do your research and play the long game. Have you ever met her at her step with a man at 8am? Best stop there if you have.

If not, you will bump in to her at your front door at some point - no need to engineer the situation. When you do strike up a chat about something in the house / foxes in the street at night / upcoming ED events - anything. See if there is any chemistry and read the signs. Does she look you in the eye often but then glance away when you catch her eye? Does she mirror your posture?

If all is looking good, ask her if she's been to the new pub which just opened (CPT?). Or ask her if she would like to check out an ED specific event - maybe the Barry Barry Run? This could be taken as either just a friendly neighbourly drink or... once you put alcohol into the situation the night will develop one way or another.

And if you pop a post up here to let us know where you will be we can all come down and watch the play by play!

I'm hoping she finds you as lovely and romantic as I thought you were.