Missing Elderly Man from Nunhead

Would you please all keep a look out for Mr Pat Connelly, 83, missing from Nunhead since 1 pm Thursday, 7 June.

He is white, about 5'6", has white hair, though mostly bald. He has a strong Irish accent. He has slightly protruding ears. Narrow, slightly pointed nose. Very defined cheek bones. Slender build.

He was probably wearing a cap and a zip-up, dark coloured jacket (not anorak) was also wearing his slippers. He wears gold-rimmed glasses.

Peckham Police Station are co-ordinating the search, so please call them if you have any information.

He is on medication for a heart condition and does not have this with him.

He is known to visit Nunhead Cemetery often, so if you are a dog walker, please keep a special look out.

Other known occasional haunts are St Thomas' Church, Nunhead, Irish shop on Lordship Lane, cafes and shops in Nunhead, and the Southbank near Waterloo.

Many thanks.

Have you informed Social Services Out of Hours Team? he may already be known to Social Services, but having done

out of hours work, I have experienced general public ringing through with concerns about vulnerable people, specially if they are unable to give details of name and address. Check out with A& E Kings and Lewisham Hospitals

( you probably have already done this) Southwark Social Services often get circulated photos of 'missing people'

Hope he is found safe and well

Message from on of his grandsons:

Hi, I am very greatful for all your kind words and effort to help us find our grandad, dad, great grandfather, brother, friend and part of the community.

We have had a little bit of a lead where he has been spotted in Waterloo yesterday morning at 3am. We have still not caught up with him even though we have been out looking 23hours a day.

We are having a meet at platform 15 in Waterloo train station at 2pm today (10 June) with flyers with the police, at the moment we have good number however the more the merrier.

The police have also not ruled out the local area which we will also keep searching, We will be briefed with the police very soon on the local areas

Once again i thank you all for your kind words, messages and great community spirit. I will keep you all posted and hope we find Grandad soon

I'm so sorry to hear of your missing grandad.

You've probably done this already: put posters up at all his usual haunts/local train stations/bus stops/shops (even ones that he doesn't use but lots of people do - Sainsburys DKH/co-op Lordship Lane etc.

I do hope you have some good news soon, thinking of you.

malleymoo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am happy to put this info on.my facebook page -

> lots of family in.Ireland who could also repost it

> but not quite worked out how. Is there a spefic

> appeal page o. Facebook already?

xxxxxx

To repost it onto your own page you just click on the "share" button when you are on the appeal page.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, edited as crossed post. Happy to retweet but how do we find the tweets please?