Missing Elderly Man from Nunhead

Hi

As a family we really do appreciate all of the hard work and thoughts everyone is putting in to help find grandad. The police are looking through cctv however no possitive sightings so far. To all the runners who are changing their routes thank you for that, im afraid i am no runner myself, the walking was bad enough. If you would like to download posters yourselves this can be done by gong on to the missingpersons website and downloading posters from there after tying in Patrick Connelly.

The southwark news mad it their front page today so hopefully more and more people will see this bizzare unbelievable situation which we are all in.

We will be flyering again tomorrow and door to door in the evening asking people to put the poster in their windows.

Thanks again for all your help and lets pray and cross our fingers that we will find Grandad soon

I do not like to bring this up but is there a possibility that he may have been 'abducted'?

Has he formed any new relationships/friendships over the last year? Do you have access to his bank statements to see if any unusual amounts of money have been withdrawn.

There are unfortunately many dodgy people in the community who seek to befriend an older person, especially if they believe them to be generous with their money, or that they are open to friendship. Some of these dodgy people are

in their 50s and 60s themselves and often pose as church/ hospital/charity visitors to gain vulnerable peoples'

trust. They can pursuade some older folk to give them power of attorney/change wills or in extreme cases, allow themselves to be taken into a care home way outside their usual environmen and near to their new 'friends'

I dont know if anyone can get there, but this evening the england game is being shown on tv at Millwall FC in Bermondsey ( Zampa Road SE16 3LN) and there will be people at that who you can hand out leaflets too and are likely to be local residents...

I have posted on project london fitness to see if they would be willing to relay info.to their fitness folk who meet on the Rye on Saturday mornings. If anyone is able to work out how to quote this thread on that thread ( its in the events section). I am trying to work it out but on a phone so not entirely easy to type let alone be more technical.

I also wondered if it was worth asking someone to approach St Johns church about possibility of someone handing out leaflets/ putting up a flyer at their summer fayre which is being held tomorrow. I am not around tomorrow so couldn't volunteer to do it myself. I know Patrick attended another church but suspect you will get a good turnout from local community.

Also just to let you know the police have been and searched gardens i n my street . Lovely police officer who said they were searching gardens in a 2 mile radius in case he has tried to take shelter in shed etc. She seemed very through I hope it gives the family some comfort to know that this may help alert people who don't read forum or haven't seen posters

I called Millwall Football club tonight and spoke to Kiara, she kindly offered to put some posters up in the bar area for the match tonight. I tried to email a link to the poster to Kiara but the email keeps bouncing back. If anyone could drop off a poster to the club tonight Kiara is happy to make copies etc. Sorry I would go myself but I have an 11 month old baby.

> Also just to let you know the police have been and searched gardens i n my street . Lovely police officer

> who said they were searching gardens in a 2 mile radius in case he has tried to take shelter in shed etc

I'm relieved to hear that, given the possibility of confusion, of whatever degree, being the cause.

I gather he didn't have his Freedom Pass with him, but is it known what sort of places he has used it to go to, even maybe just once for something like a country walk, some time ago? He could have got into the train system, maybe even been let on a bus, without it.

I have an allotment at One Tree Hill and have just sent an email to one of the committee members, containing a link to the facebook site and asking him email all plot holders, informing them about Pat and asking them to check sheds (their own and any others nearby), etc and to keep a general eye out and spread the word. We have a work day on Sunday so hopefully we can organise a good sweep of the site then.

Maybe other allotment committees/plot holders could do something similar.

We have a gig at DHFC tonight and will display posters there, and also ask the club to keep the posters up as they have a lot of people going there both for the gym and for football during the week as well as weekends.

I have downloaded posters from the Missing People website, is that the only poster there is?

ETA: Because although it has a photo and Patrick's age, it doesn't give any other details eg about height and accent.

Update for you that Patrick hasn't been found yet and we need help in the following areas, if you are available for a few minutes today Peckham, Camberwell, Walworth Road, East Street, Elephant and Castle, Nunhead, Queens Road, Lordship Lane, New Cross, Brenchley Gardens. We will need groups of people going out with flyers. If you can help today contact Philomena on 07966 373 089 or Maureen on 07913 801 753

Just checked his facebook page and understand that he had still not been found by last night. I wondered if, particuarly if he did become confused, anyone has checked the psychiatric units around south east london or even further north in the city. They may have separate admissions lists and also he may not have known his name. Re the Irish connection - my partner has family in Galway and Connermara we wondered if you have contacted the Gaelic speaking radio station there, located between Galway city and Clifton - its small and local and Id hope they would broadcast something for you - I cannt recall its name but its listed by Google. I do hope you find him soon with best wishes