The new demographic

geh

binkylilyput Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> FreyaMichaelson just so you are aware, the words

> ?autistics? is not an acceptable term

Which is particularly worrying when she (I assume from the name it is a she) says her partner works with them.

She has also told someone on another thread (a regular poster on here) that they are "either really stupid or trolling".

hpsaucey Wrote:

> turtle Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Couldn't Gethsemane have peed in the garden!

>

> xxx

I'll snitch if I see trouble in the garden.

The story about the potty in the shop has been told a few times before (and I actually think the perpetrator might be a friend of a friend sort of thing).

But let's not start pretending that this sort of behavior is the norm when it obviously isn't - I've never personally witnessed a child peeing in the middle of a shop, or having a nappy changed on a restaurant table, etc. Most parents are admittedly pretty clueless, especially with their first kid, but they're usually trying their best and I don't see the point in dwelling on the worst examples of ineptitude and guilelessness in order to push some sort of anti child/parent agenda.

There have always been some people who need a bit of correction on dealing with their toddlers? toilet. Over here in Peckham, I?ve seen a lady take her little boy into the phone booth near KFC for a wee. You wonder what?s wrong with KFC?s loos, and just what?s going through her mind generally.

Decades ago I was at a school where there were sections of felled tree left round the playing field as general obstacles / something to sit on. Weirdly, it wasn?t at all unknown to look out and see a parent holding their infant over one of them for a pee. It must have just not occurred to them that these were objects other kids would play on, or that it was generally disgusting. The same parents always looked surprised when the headmistress came out to greet them - always with a bucket and bleach and gloves, and by the look of it a stern demand to get scrubbing!

I saw a fully grown adult having a number 2 between two phone boxes in Soho on Friday night. Trousers to his knees, balls swinging in the cold evening air.

I?m not sure what substance was lowering his inhibitions, but his two friends casually looked on from where they were laying on the pavement opposite.

SoHo?s gone down hill if you ask me.

In the 1970s we had some friends who invited us over for dinner. They had a small child in nappies who was allowed to crawl on the dining table during the meal. When the contents of its nappy started falling onto the table I lost my appetite.

And- I have a relative who loves cats and had several in various states of decay some years ago. She invited us to dinner and one of the cats was sitting on the tablecloth. I asked her if it should be sitting there and she said 'I suppose not' then she moved it and proceeded to tell us about its abcesses! I was delighted when she moved into a tiny flat and couldn't entertain at home any more.

It isn't really the new demographic- they have been around for some time

Seabag Wrote:

> I saw a fully grown adult having a number 2

> between two phone boxes in Soho on Friday night.

> Trousers to his knees, balls swinging in the cold

> evening air.

>

> I?m not sure what substance was lowering his

> inhibitions, but his two friends casually looked

> on from where they were laying on the pavement

> opposite.

>

> SoHo?s gone down hill if you ask me.

Spice? Hideous drug.

se22cat Wrote:

> Might have been food poisoning or an involuntary

> bowel movement. In the case of either, the bloke

> might simply not have had time to get to a toilet

> : (

It was "but his two friends casually looked on from where they were laying on the pavement

opposite." that made me wonder about Spice - that's the effect apparently.

I know people can be caught out ill - there actually isn't much of a procedure for dealing with such in public other than run.

se22cat Wrote:

> Might have been food poisoning or an involuntary

> bowel movement. In the case of either, the bloke

> might simply not have had time to get to a toilet

> : (

No, they were street drinkers and most likely drug users, given the area they were plotted up in. The guy was dressed in dirty clothes and struggled to stand properly, there was a bunch of beer cans nearby. I think he was so hammered he the just dealt with the basics, wherever that was possible.

Pretty unpleasant, and sad to see people getting to this point.

Rough sleeping in London is at a record high, and the west end seems like a "hotspot". Some mornings you can see rows of tents, especially behind the strand near the police station. Very sad to see. TBH if I was sleeping on the street, I imagine I'd also find myself drawn to the the short term escapism of cheap drugs and booze...

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> The story about the potty in the shop has been

> told a few times before (and I actually think the

> perpetrator might be a friend of a friend sort of

> thing).

>

> But let's not start pretending that this sort of

> behavior is the norm when it obviously isn't -

> I've never personally witnessed a child peeing in

> the middle of a shop, or having a nappy changed on

> a restaurant table, etc. Most parents are

> admittedly pretty clueless, especially with their

> first kid, but they're usually trying their best

> and I don't see the point in dwelling on the worst

> examples of ineptitude and guilelessness in order

> to push some sort of anti child/parent agenda.

^this