Who to vote for?

Bob Buzzard

Vote Green.

I had a nice chat with the Lib Dem candidate for Camberwell & Peckham earlier and she seemed a genuinely nice well rounded person. I?m no fan of the party, but seeing as she suggested the Greens would be a good alternative to the main parties, I?ll give them a go this time.

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Vote Green.

>

> I had a nice chat with the Lib Dem candidate for

> Camberwell & Peckham earlier and she seemed a

> genuinely nice well rounded person. I?m no fan of

> the party, but seeing as she suggested the Greens

> would be a good alternative to the main parties,

> I?ll give them a go this time.

>

> Louisa.

There's no way that you are as niaive as this statement reads!

Lena2907 Wrote:

> Ha, that?s nice and extremely constructive cella.

> Can?t wait for Corbyn to help all those vulnerable

> people on their feet.

Well along with many others I can't either - peopjecdeserve so much better. Your previous comments suggest you support the opposite surely.

cella Wrote:

> Loutwo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Vote Green.

> >

> > I had a nice chat with the Lib Dem candidate

> for

> > Camberwell & Peckham earlier and she seemed a

> > genuinely nice well rounded person. I?m no fan

> of

> > the party, but seeing as she suggested the

> Greens

> > would be a good alternative to the main

> parties,

> > I?ll give them a go this time.

> >

> > Louisa.

>

> There's no way that you are as niaive as this

> statement reads!

What?s naive about voting for the Green Party? We do have a climate emergency after all, and the more potential Green voices we get in Parliament the better. They also want us to remain in the EU.

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Foxy, but nothing else matters if the planet we

> are living on is dying. The science on this is

> clearer than ever. I think this needs to be a

> priority.

>

> Louisa.

Says the woman that drives to West Wickham or Sevenoaks to shop at Lidl.

ed_pete Wrote:

> Loutwo Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Foxy, but nothing else matters if the planet we

> > are living on is dying. The science on this is

> > clearer than ever. I think this needs to be a

> > priority.

> >

> > Louisa.

>

> Says the woman that drives to West Wickham or

> Sevenoaks to shop at Lidl.

Yeah so multimillionaires getting VAT relief on private jet travel, factories from first/third world nations being pumped into the atmosphere for the last few hundred years, gas guzzling SUV?s being unnecessarily driven around ED by yummy mummies, people flying all around the world not even giving their carbon footprint a second thought, and you pick on me for occasionally driving into zone 5 to get a bit of shopping. Talking out your arse again ed_pete.

I wonder what your carbon footprint looks like? When did you last jump a flight somewhere?

Louisa.

Laurence Fox has been annoying Dulwich residents (can see the whole thing on iphone but paywall on times) - he's been wearing a MAGA hat apparently.

"in bourgeois Dulwich there were horrified reactions. ?One guy slammed a door on me and said, ?You shouldn?t do that, that?s disgusting?. Another woman came up to me and said, ?You?re crazy!? "

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/laurence-fox-interview-let-the-hipsters-hate-me-i-wont-dance-to-their-politically-correct-tune-5d7tdgwz7

I have noticed a lack of 'Vote For' posters in windows of East Dulwich Residents..

Just 1 'Vote For Labour' poster on my road. I wonder why ??

As a Lifetime Labour voter and previous member of The Labour Party East Dulwich

I certainly will not be voting Labour in the Forthcoming General Election.

Apologies to Labour Candidate Helen Hayes Who I am sure could do a great job.

I simply cannot risk Jeremy Corbyn ever becoming Prime Minister of this country.

Corbyn has made Our Labour Party unelectable

DulwichFox

Helen Hayes is a decent MP. But like you foxy I can?t bring myself to vote for her, and potentially enable Corbyn to enter 10 Downing Street. So apologies to her and her team, but voting for them isn?t an option for me this time around.

Louisa.

cella Wrote:

> God help us all then with what Johnson will

> unleash on the country if these flimsy reasons are

> why you are going to support him and everything he

> represents.

Some of us feel exactly that about Corbyn as well as Johnson. Green for me on 'anyone but Corbyn" principles.

cella Wrote:

> God help us all then with what Johnson will

> unleash on the country if these flimsy reasons are

> why you are going to support him and everything he

> represents.

What- other than Brexit- is Boris representing- and therefore upholding the democracy? I have quite honestly never found a politician in the UK frightening- until Corbyn.

Thing is - you are going to get either Johnson or Corbyn. One of those things is going to happen

in Dulwich it's easy to vote against either of those two because Labour will win comfortably anyway so it really doesn't matter who you vote for - it's basically free

Byt given it's going to be one of those two forming a government it's probably wise to limit their power by having as close to a hung parliament as we have now (yes, the whole thing is pointless - unless you consider the benefit of the loser buggering off and so freeing up an important role come next election)

If you live somewhere that is a marginal seat it's important to vote against this government for the party most likely to beat them in that constituency. So yes - if I lived in a Lab/CON marginal I would vote Corbyn even tho I can't stand the man or what he has done to the party. There are enough decent labour MPs with enough decent policy to make that preferable to a 5 year Johnson govt (plus Corbyn is 71 - he won't be around long)

Yes it's a lesser of two evils - but pretending it isn't won't help anyone

But it's not going to happen like you say.

No party will have a majority and my current prediction is 1.tory, 2 brexit party, 3. lib dems, 4. labour.

this election is all about tactical voting, so if you live in a constituency and you want shot of your MP, vote for the party most likely to have more votes than the current MP gets. For example, if your MP switched parties without having a by - election and you want them out, then you know what you need to do.