Man alone in Dulwich park playground (Lounged)

fleothecat

It's good you went with your gut feeling and posted it on here out of concern for others and wanting to alert people just incase this is something. I have no children but if I did I would definitely appreciate knowing this. Well I appreciate it even though I don't have kids for others and my wellbeing just incase!!

it's always good to go with our gut feeling!!

savvygirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How long was the OP in the area? Was she there

> long enough to conclude this man did not have a

> child of his own playing in the playground? What

> made her think he was a loner and up to no good?

>

>

> This sort of thinking reminds me of my Mum who

> would quickly make a judgment on a potential

> boyfriend saying something like "his eyes are too

> close together"! The OP's reasoning and logic is

> as daft as my Mum's was!

Hello Savvygirl.

Either you are one of the many who has not read the OP properly or you seriously ought to consider changing your user name!

KidKruger Wrote:

> Upwind:

> ? KidKruger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > "The OP didn't make any such assumption! It was

>

> > all the numpties on here accusing her of calling

>

> > the man a paedophile, when all she said was that

>

> > she was a bit concerned"

> >

> > 'concerned' about what exactly ?

> > please advise:

> > 1.

> > 2.

> > 3. etc..

> 1.An

> 2.Adult

> 3.Alone

> 4.In

> 5.The

> 6.Playground

> 7.Which

> 8.She

> 9.Thought

> 10.Might

> 11.Be

> 12.Suspicious

> Not sure why you specified the numbering system,

> but happy to oblige if it makes things easier to

> understand.

> ?

> Suspicious of what ?

> Suspected of what ?

No one said "suspected" until you did just there!

As for "suspicious of what?" I think you may need to dig out your old English grammar text books and try to rephrase that..

I have pasted an excerpt from the Cambridge English Dictionary below with a definition and examples of the adjective suspicious. Hope it helps.

Making you feel that something illegal is happening or that something is wrong:

Her behaviour was very suspicious.

The fire at the bank is being treated as suspicious.

It's a little suspicious that no one knows where he was at the time of the murder.

There were some suspicious characters hanging around outside.

There's a suspicious-looking van parked at the end of the street.

Upwind, are you someone who likes a scrap? You're a bit provocative and a bit rude! You said:

Hello Savvygirl.

Either you are one of the many who has not read the OP properly or you seriously ought to consider changing your user name!

You also referred to people on here as "numpties". I'm not sure in future that I could take any opinion you may have seriously.

There's a big difference between walking in a park, and entering a children's playground (which are almost always gated off). I am struggling to think of a legitimate reason to go in without kids. Perhaps he's got mental issues, or perhaps he's just incredibly naive, but nevertheless he shouldn't really be in there. It is undeniably incongruous, and therefore at least slightly suspicious, and I would want to keep especially close watch over my child.

Would I raise it with the wider community? Probably not... but I don't see what harm has been done.

savvygirl Wrote:

> Upwind, are you someone who likes a scrap? You're

> a bit provocative and a bit rude! You said:

>

> Hello Savvygirl.

> Either you are one of the many who has not read

> the OP properly or you seriously ought to consider

> changing your user name!

>

> You also referred to people on here as "numpties".

> I'm not sure in future that I could take any

> opinion you may have seriously.

Well the OP did say that she was in the playground for long enough to realise the man was there without children, yet you asked exactly that question of her! And you called 'her' daft!!

So, did you read the original post properly or...??.?

Also quite happy to have a scrap with a bunch of numpties bullying someone who was just sharing a bit of information for the benefit of other members on this forum.

If this man was at the park to innocently enjoy the pleasures of watching my kids frolic and laugh in the sun.....I don?t give a crap. Don?t look at my kids. They aren?t there for your innocent pleasure or entertainment. Walk on by, listening to their laughter, chuckle to yourself, feel uplifted and keep on walking please.

You seem to think it?s normal to stand around looking at other people?s kids.

You fling out the word paedo casually and mostly when other people aren?t using it. It?s you that makes the paedo link, not me. Again, like the original poster, I didn?t mention ?paedos? as you so delightfully put it.

If you want to talk about paedophilia, which it seems like you do, then....

?paedo is mainly a family game tho?? It?s far from a game. Families don?t tend to do it. Individuals within families do. Individuals who are mostly men (I said mostly) and who show an interest in delighting in the pleasures of watching young kids.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Don?t look at my kids.

> Jeezus.

>

> ?Everyone?s a paedo, right ??

> Paedo is mainly a family game tho - worth

> remembering.

I think lots of people don't realize most adults don't want other peoples children around shouting and screaming.

Most looks they get mean "shut up"

(Fair enough let them shout and scream in their own area but it doesn't brighten up my day)

yeknomyeknom Wrote:

> In a children?s playground?

>

> JohnL Wrote:

> -----

> > I think lots of people don't realize most

> adults

> > don't want other peoples children around

> shouting

> > and screaming.

> >

> > Most looks they get mean "shut up"

Just edited it :)

Personal opinion. So ok if the guy is there for terrible reasons that none of us want to contemplate, then yes - bad. There are other reasons why a single man without a child may be sitting on a seat. Did anyone ask him?

I worked in a paediatric unit for 10 years, so as you can imagine, people were challenged in a polite way if they were not known family, not staff. I suppose the saddest reason for a single man coming to the unit was that he had lost his child and his wife within weeks of each other. His child died in our unit. Despite a lot of therapy he still was depressed years later. He thought that coming back and being in the place where his child had died would help.

So scruffy, slightly drunk, 30 year old man, making a fuss and trying to get into the unit. Handled with sensitivity by the senior nurse manager.

Ok - I know this is different, I would also have wondered why this man was sitting in a children?s play area, but sometimes there are reasons for what appears to be strange behaviour that are innocent, sad or complicated. I do feel for men in this day and age. I have told my other half to never walk in any of the parks round here without me or the dog, despite me wanting him to get a bit fitter. Because he is used to being a first responder, so if a child fell over or was hurt he would go and help as trained... I fear that a 50+ Male, on his own, beardy type would be ?classed? as a danger to someone?s child in this day and age.

A bit arse about face here..

If the whole tone of this extended diatribe hasn?t been about then WHAT has it been about - please do specify !?

Feel free to ?interpret? my comments however you want, but to anyone not focussed on picking holes, I think it?s fairly clear what I was saying.

But if you?re able to convince yourself you?re scoring points by picking holes in text, please crack-on !

yeknomyeknom Wrote:

> You seem to think it?s normal to stand around

> looking at other people?s kids.

>

> You fling out the word paedo casually and mostly

> when other people aren?t using it. It?s you that

> makes the paedo link, not me. Again, like the

> original poster, I didn?t mention ?paedos? as you

> so delightfully put it.

>

> If you want to talk about paedophilia, which it

> seems like you do, then....

> ?paedo is mainly a family game tho?? It?s far

> from a game. Families don?t tend to do it.

> Individuals within families do. Individuals who

> are mostly men (I said mostly) and who show an

> interest in delighting in the pleasures of

> watching young kids.

>

>

>

> KidKruger Wrote:

> -----

> > Don?t look at my kids.

> > Jeezus.

> >

> > ?Everyone?s a paedo, right ??

> > Paedo is mainly a family game tho - worth

> > remembering.

heartblock Wrote:

> would go and help as trained... I fear that a 50+

> Male, on his own, beardy type would be ?classed?

> as a danger to someone?s child in this day and

> age.

But I'm that age and single with no pets - actually I did used to run a bit with no problem (I began to get to know some of the other single runners before I gave up). But we can't all just be expected to stay in until we drop dead.

Maybe we really need segregation - gated community type.

Exactly JohnL, most people are not a danger to other people, but unfortunately in today?s society people have a heightened sense of harm, danger and risk. As someone pointed out family members and family friends are far more likely to abuse children. I was abused by a family member as a child and have been involved in research in this area, it estimated that family abuse is unreported by around 90%, ?Stranger danger? is mostly in the mind.

If you do think someone is a danger to children family member or stranger - please report to the police.

I wasn?t picking holes.

My very young child was walking in Dulwich Park the other day. He asked me if he could ask a man what his dog was called, I said yes. He asked the man and the man stormed off and shouted back ?dickhead? at him. Later we passed him again and the man made a point of giving my child proper evil looks. I told my child never to mind him, and reassured my child he had done nothing wrong.

There?s another few threads on the forum about men randomly attacking people in parks and there appear to be more than one. KidKrueger, you have commented on these threads so you know what I mean.

So I?m not happy about men standing around at length in an area set aside for children to feel safe. Is that specific enough?

KidKruger Wrote:

> A bit arse about face here..

> If the whole tone of this extended diatribe hasn?t

> been about then WHAT has it been about - please

> do specify !?

>

> Feel free to ?interpret? my comments however you

> want, but to anyone not focussed on picking holes,

> I think it?s fairly clear what I was saying.

> But if you?re able to convince yourself you?re

> scoring points by picking holes in text, please

> crack-on !

>

>

> yeknomyeknom Wrote:

> -----

> > You seem to think it?s normal to stand around

> > looking at other people?s kids.

> >

> > You fling out the word paedo casually and

> mostly

> > when other people aren?t using it. It?s you

> that

> > makes the paedo link, not me. Again, like the

> > original poster, I didn?t mention ?paedos? as

> you

> > so delightfully put it.

> >

> > If you want to talk about paedophilia, which it

> > seems like you do, then....

> > ?paedo is mainly a family game tho?? It?s far

> > from a game. Families don?t tend to do it.

> > Individuals within families do. Individuals

> who

> > are mostly men (I said mostly) and who show an

> > interest in delighting in the pleasures of

> > watching young kids.

> >

> >

> >

> > KidKruger Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Don?t look at my kids.

> > > Jeezus.

> > >

> > > ?Everyone?s a paedo, right ??

> > > Paedo is mainly a family game tho - worth

> > > remembering.

So you think this thread is about being worried a lone man in a playground becoming unexpectedly aggressive ?

I don?t think so and I reckon you know so.

We all know what the implication is with the lone man so don?t condemn someone for using the describing word.

I thought be able to substantiate your ?interpretation? of my earlier post, but all you?ve come back with is something about a dog called dickhead.

So you think this thread is about being worried a lone man in a playground becoming unexpectedly aggressive ?

I don?t think so and I reckon you know so.

We all know what the implication is with the lone man so don?t condemn someone for using the describing word.

I thought be able to substantiate your ?interpretation? of my earlier post, but all you?ve come back with is something about a dog called dickhead.

What IS this gutter philosophy ?

? If you want to talk about paedophilia, which it

> seems like you do, then....

> ?paedo is mainly a family game tho?? It?s far

> from a game. Families don?t tend to do it.

> Individuals within families do. Individuals who

> are mostly men (I said mostly) and who show an

> interest in delighting in the pleasures of

> watching young kids. ?