Trouble Trying To Buy A CPZ Parking Permit On-Line?

Zak

So the knack for trying to speak to a human being is to press option 3 about residents permits and to listen all the way to the end, which eventually gives you the option of staying on the line to speak to someone ... I didn't manage to speak to someone but the inbox wasn't full today so I *was* able to leave a message today ... let's see if anyone rings me back?!

I spent almost 2 hours yesterday (all to no avail) in a futile attempt to pay for a permit. After being resident in the same house in the PW zone for 36 years there was (apparently)no record of council tax demands sent to my home (or of me paying by direct payments for all those years).

I was eventually was offered a single month permit on condition I sent a scan of my Council Tax payment demand. I was a little surprised that they had no record of this. I attempted to contact Southwark by 'Phone - a thankless task. The organisation of this scheme appears to be beyond belief in its complete uselessness.

I do believe in employing people in order to support the economy but there really are limits when it comes to using people with little semblance of intelligence, willingness to help or application of effort (or ability to plan or test schemes before their implementation). Old expressions like: 'piss-ups in breweries' come readily to mind but I somehow doubt that the organisers of this scheme are even up to that.

Southwark Council - Get a grip!

AlexandHelenC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks. I found the relevant pages on the

> Southwark website. The site wouldn't allow me to

> register because my street isn't in a CPZ area yet

> so I tried calling the helpline which directs you

> back to the website. What an appalling, amateurish

> design!

You can only register & apply for a permit if your street is in the West Peckham CPZ. This CPZ goes live at the end of the month. Doesn?t seem to be a date yet for the East Dulwich CPZ

So some progress ... I managed to get through to a human being this afternoon ... He was unable to solve the problem but he did give me an email address and asked me to send a screenshot of the error message which I've done ...

So the email address is [email protected] if anyone else is tearing their hair out with this and unable to get through on the phone ...

Please could somebody do a step by step guide (for Apple) on how to get a residents parking permit for the Peckham West CPZ on the Southwark website, and post on the forum.

Have tried numerous times and am getting nowhere.

Just off the phone with the parking people. I had given up trying to buy the permit using an online account which I had created so they created a new online account for me and I've now just done the scanning a Council Tax bill bit so am awaiting verification from that ...

The guy I spoke to was working from home and it has actually been easier to get through on the phone this week than last week. They are still planning to go ahead with the scheme / deadline.

The trick with getting through on the phone is to choose option 3 and then wait all the way to the end of the recorded message which eventually gives you the option of staying on the line to speak to someone ...

My gut feeling as to why I had such problems with the online account is because I already had an account with Dash for parking, and I think that caused a technical problem. They repeatedly kept telling me that I didn't have a parking account (which I had managed to create, was just unable to purchase the permit) and that I had tried to do it using a MySouthwark account which I hadn't ... I even got someone to delete my MySouthwark account and still couldn't do it all ... All of this has been a lot of stress at a time when none of us needed any extra stress ...

People in the proposed CPZ zones , look our of your windows this morning and tell us if there are significantly more parking spaces our there as there should no commuters or school runners taking them up. If the parking is as mad as normal then we have been sold a pig in poke as the problem is actually down to the number of residents who have cars.

Looking out of my window today there are as many cars parked our there as normal so it means , IMHO , that the council are trying to sell us a myth that it will get better.

The traders are asking the council to postpone it's implementation during the covid 19 epidemic as it will impact the few that are allowed to open at the moment and I fully support their actions.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Yes, our road is still pretty full (although less so than before the CPZ signs went up). But we know that a lot of the cars belong to people in the neighbouring streets that are in the Peckham or DKH CPZs. Those people have opted to park their cars in our street rather than pay for a permit to park in their own roads. Presumably they will move those vehicles when the PW CPZ is implemented.

I'm hugely in favour of the CPZ, not because I agree with the principle behind it (I don't) but because Southwark has created a parking nightmare by surrounding our street with other CPZs over the last few years. The horse has bolted and having a CPZ of our own now feels like the only solution. I'm certainly not expecting miracles as I agree that there are probably too many cars owned by residents for us all to be able to park very close to our homes - but somewhere within 10 minutes' walk would be nice!

I do agree that they should consider delaying implementation to help families whose finances have been affected by the Covid-19 crisis and I also share the widespread dismay at the online process for purchasing a permit, which is clearly unfit for purpose. I finally managed to buy one but only after phoning several times and eventually paying by speaking to someone in the call centre.