Royal Mail delivery

Today I received the oldest of the items I have been waiting for - posted to me on 27th November, and on Monday I got two others posted in early December. Seems therefore that little by little the very old backlog is being cleared, although not chronologically. More recently ordered things (where the seller will only post via Royal Mail) are taking about 10 days to reach me from the date of despatch. I am now so wary of ordering anything which would be sent to me via Royal Mail now, though, that I will try to find it from a different seller who uses a courier if I can.

Does anyone have local details for who to send an example to of bad service locally? The Royal Mail website has a form to fill in but that?s central. I was thinking of copying it to those with local interest.

I received two notifications for a penalty issued on 28 December. They are dated 1 and 10 January and both turned up this week, on the same day. I also got an official letter sent in the last few days - I know as I only gave them what they needed so the letter would come out last week.

Rockets Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Helen Hayes visited another sorting office

> ...does anyone know what she does when she gets

> there or are these just photo ops?

>

>

>

> 35421954?t=3GlxoYHEydsvUtGE5MRxhA&s=19

Knowing Helen, I doubt these are just photo ops. She is a very proactive constituency MP and has been very involved in trying to sort the delivery issues in ED.

And isn't that "our"sorting office?

To be fair she has been visiting the sorting offices to try to resolve the issue for nigh on two and a half years now.....and it has been getting worse not better. I would much prefer to hear about what is being done to resolve the problems rather than photo op after photo op of her outside various sorting offices.

Charlie Smith was on here saying we should expect some updates....has anyone heard anything?

Rockets Wrote:

---------------------------------------. I would much prefer to

> hear about what is being done to resolve the

> problems rather than photo op after photo op of

> her outside various sorting offices.

"Photo op after photo op"? How many have there been?

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------

>

> I think credit is due to those delivering the

> backlog - they are doing a good job.

I agree.

And whilst I am still receiving mail posted ages ago, a lot of this is arriving at once, so it does seem that they are finally making huge efforts to clear all the delayed post.

I also recently received a package posted only 2 days ago!

So I think that things are finally improving. Let's hope they get back to a regular and reliable service now, Covid permitting.

Sue Wrote:

> Rockets Wrote:

> ---------------------------------------. I would

> much prefer to

> > hear about what is being done to resolve the

> > problems rather than photo op after photo op of

> > her outside various sorting offices.

>

>

> "Photo op after photo op"? How many have there

> been?

Quite a few....started in 2018 and have been a regular occurance (lots on her blog as well)...gone into overdrive the last few weeks....

Seems to be a lot of grandstanding going on by our local councillors on the issue yet no-one seems to be able to tell us what is going on or when it will be fixed. Perhaps they are powerless to do anything as it is a private company and clearly a management vs union/employee issue.

Well- just wait until the elections and if the tories get in. Clive and Tristan are sure to sort it out. Well, they say they will! I mean, they don?t have any detail of what they will do, and they don?t actually have any powers over the service. But they have claimed that they?ll address it.

Apparently claiming you?ll do something and having no details as to how is fine?

At the weekend I received four items, one for me, the others, which were attached by elastic band to my package,for houses further down my street - and not just next door, the highest number was twenty doors further down the street.

I played postie and re-delivered them.

Doesn't exactly give one confidence in ordering anything that needs to come via Royal Mail though does it? Would everyone redeliver?

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

> "others, which were attached by elastic band to my package,for houses further down my street"

>

> that does happen occasionally ,and TBH I think it's pretty forgiveable at the moment . -

I think that most people would to be honest. I'd always redeliver on my road / next street. On occasion when I've had post for the other side of East Dulwich (same starting letter on the street) I've just popped it back in the postbox for them to have another go (though before current postal delays!).