> SE22 postcode area due to resourcing issues at the

> East Dulwich Delivery Office.

>

> We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

> and thank you for your understanding.

>

> We'll be back in touch to let you know when

> resourcing issues have improved.

I wonder what "resourcing issues" are... a new way to say the old excuse?

A small improvement this week in as much as I have had two deliveries of post rather than just one large one.

On the negative side I am still getting items posted pre Christmas and think there are still a few more of those to come.

Today's delivery did include a couple of items posted last week - which is still poor, but better than sent last month.

To the point about tracked deliveries, I agree. Ordered a couple of items in the sale yesterday and I have been told to expect them tomorrow. Tracked of course.

This worries me:

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: "We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week.

The issue is now backlog not frequency of deliveries. Even if they get close to 6 days a week doesn't mean the issue is being resolved unless they are actively clearing the backlog.

If we are all getting recent mail and some mail from the first week of December can we expect mail from the week before Xmas to come in three weeks?

I am getting a total mixture of mail.

One second class item posted only a few days ago.

One posted end of November (hospital letter, luckily feedback after the appointment and not notification of the date).

Those two arrived at the same time 🙄

Still waiting for several items including financial post, books despatched weeks ago, and things intended for Christmas presents 😡

And of course no idea of what I should have got which I don't know has been sent, grammar.

Did the Royal Mail say they couldn't supply someone for interview because of Covid isolation and sickness? ;-)

It is about time someone tells us all what is happening and how it is going to be fixed - everyone seems to be saying something slightly different:

US and councillors: closure of Silvester Road

Postal workers: closure of Silvester Road, bad management, new rounds

Unions: Covid, lack of resources

Royal Mail: Covid, staff absences

Will someone please tell us the truth and fix it

Rockets

Possibly all 4

The closure of our local delivery office in Sylvester Road obviously provided the potential to "optimise" the service by combining it with Peckham. (Read that as you will but in a merger duplicate roles often vanish)

Same number of physical posties I suspect but either reduced other staff or more being done in a confined area.

Peckham was never a great place to go to collect mail prior to the merger so I guess the effect of merging has a big impact.

In a confined space, one sneeze and everyone gets sick so it's obvious that the closure is partially to blame but covid absences are also to blame.

Guess without opening a new local office or relocating peckham into a bigger facility then there may well be Sweet Fanny Adams that can be done to improve services during a pandemic.

I believe Peckham was chosen because Alleyn Road DO doesn't have the capacity to handle ED post as well as SE21.

For all the environmental chatter on here, there hasn't been much complaining from the cycling crew about the fact that since Sylvester Road closed, deliveries which were all able to be done on foot has had to be done by postal workers using vans, some that do specific routes to the furthest ends of the postcode, while others have staff dropped off to do their walking rounds because for example to walk up to the Forest Hill end of Lordship Lane would take around an hour to walk from Homestall Road before they'd start.

A few Christmas cards filtering through here .No idea when posted as they are not franked .So I guess that as I can reuse the stamps represents a sort of compensation .

I now routinely think of work arounds ,the copy of the marriage certificate I want to fill in a blank on a family tree ? Posted to a friend in another part of the country for them to photograph and send to me .

But that won't help people waiting for essential documentation .

I've noticed this more often recently too - I wonder if they are skipping a stage to speed things up or are so demoralised they can't be bothered - they've received the money either way, unless you go to the trouble of steaming the stamps off and reusing them maybe it doesn't really matter.

Lynne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Most of my cards weren't franked either.

I am getting a mixture of very old stuff and up to date mail - it feels as if they are getting out current mail and a bit of the back log - when they are delivering, together with parcels (inc. lateral flow kits). To be honest, if I'm right, this does seem a logical prioritization. The oldest stuff is already very much past its sell by date - and almost just of historical interest. Once Christmas is passed, cards are always going to be annoyingly late, however late they actually are. The only thing I now know I'm missing is a 'Christmas' issue of a periodical. The rest is probably catalogues. And some thank-you cards I might have expected to get.

Just a had a xmas present delivered. I ordered it 18/12/21 for delivery 1 to 2 business days. It is date stamped 20/12/21 and delivered today 21/1/22! I paid ?3.85 for delivery, wondering if I can now claim this postage back? Am going to (probably pointlessly) put complaint in to Royal Mail.