Goodbye Tessa Jowell.

the-e-dealer

Dear all,

Thank you (MOST of you!) for the kind and generous comments.

For the avoidance of any doubt I'm certainly not standing down as MP for Dulwich and West Norwood. It is my great privilege to continue to represent East Dulwich and the other diverse and vibrant communities that make up my constituency.

As always you can get in touch via [email protected].

Many thanks

Tessa

Tessa - if it is such a great privilege to represent us, then why don't you come and live among your esteemed constituents?

And as your intention is to continue as an MP, then I and many others here will continue to judge you by the company you keep.

Pointless if it had gone the way it started, yes - but at least Tessa Jowell now knows that some of her constituents at least are not happy at the way politicians of all parties in this country are behaving - and that we aren't as stupid as they think and we don't have short memories.

And at least she engaged with us here briefly and acknowledged not all of us are so besotted!

If this is really TJ, which I doubt, her writing style is very curious: for the avoidance of any doubt

TJMP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dear all,

>

> Thank you (MOST of you!) for the kind and generous

> comments.

>

> For the avoidance of any doubt I'm certainly not

> standing down as MP for Dulwich and West Norwood.

> It is my great privilege to continue to represent

> East Dulwich and the other diverse and vibrant

> communities that make up my constituency.

>

> As always you can get in touch via

> [email protected].

>

> Many thanks

>

> Tessa

buddug Wrote:

> Pointless if it had gone the way it started, yes -

> but at least Tessa Jowell now knows that some of

> her constituents at least are not happy at the way

> politicians of all parties in this country are

> behaving - and that we aren't as stupid as they

> think and we don't have short memories.

>

> And at least she engaged with us here briefly and

> acknowledged not all of us are so besotted!

She has engaged on here before. She probably only came on this time in order to clarify the glaring mistake that had been posted.

So what we buy a house in Dulwich for Tessa so her family (young at the time) werent displaced and then you moan about the cost. AND

At the risk of boring those of you who already read this here it is yet again. Tessa's comments on not living in the constituency.

1) Should MPs live in the constituency they represent?

Since this appears to be aimed at me I will tackle it head on and at some length. I have had to make a judgement that balances family commitments against the demands of being an engaged and effective constituency MP. I, and my constituency team, deal with over 5000 cases from local people every year. I have weekly advice sessions, mobile surgeries and coffee mornings where people can come and raise any issue they like. I?m always out and about locally. There is never, ever, anything of note that happens in my constituency that I do not quickly know about.

How?s your knowledge on the plans for a new combined health and leisure centre in West Norwood for example? What about the new schools that we have delivered in Lambeth - Evelyn Grace and the Elmgreen? What did you think about the recent listing application for the historic Brixton Markets? What's your take on the problem of primary school places in Norwood? (no, not East Dulwich - that?s conveniently been put off by the Lib Dems until after the election remember - whilst the Lambeth offers go out next week).

My constituency is incredibly diverse and comprises many communities, each with a distinct and proud identity: East Dulwich, Dulwich, West Dulwich, Gipsy Hill, Crystal Palace, West Norwood, Upper Norwood, Herne Hill, Camberwell and Brixton. I really do understand what makes it tick and I love it - stretching as it does from what used to be the Old White Horse on Brixton Road in a sweep across to Sydenham Hill and over as far as Streatham Common.

I acknowledge that where I live has been used as a stick to beat me with by my political opponents - that?s up to them. But not one of the tens of thousands of constituents I have helped in 18 years as the local representative have said ?Thanks Tessa but I would have appreciated it more if you lived here.? A few years ago we sold our family home and I assumed that I would move to the constituency. But I now have my children and step-children living nearby with four lovely grand-daughters that I already see far too little of. The anguish that my family felt at the prospect of my moving away from them at what was already a difficult time was something I simply could not ignore. The families of MPs often pay a heavy price and the judgement I made was that I had to put my family first in this decision. That is the choice I have made.

Every week, every day, every hour, I am working and my constituency team is working to get action and investment for East Dulwich and the rest of my constituency. I believe that every day we make something better for someone I represent.

And now Andrew Mitchell has demonstrated AGAIN what an out of touch, self important bunch of idiots they by and large are.

Anyway Tessa presumably now you've given up on your career this means you won't have to vote for illegal wars and abandon your loved ones...this may make you like the rest of us plebs - you know, a few flaws by and large decent, honest, loyal, some moral integrity ec

Quite ????. And isn't it telling the Mitchell used the word 'plebs' to the policeman, as well as 'know your place'. This is the kind of terminology that reflects how these politicians see the rest of us 'little people'. Especially the Tories.

But frankly, I imagine it's how 'New' Labour see us too - witness Tessa's very own personal hero Tony Bliar staying at that super-rich creature Berlusconi's villa, never mind her own husband's dealings with him.

And her husband was let off on a 'technicality' - time ran out, basically, after he was convicted. But what does La Jowell say? "The byzantine nature of Italian justice is something that is very hard to explain."

And yet the Italians were good enough for her, Tony Blair and her husband at the time they had dealings with them. Ugh.

I don't agree with some of the things tessa has done but comparing her directly to mitchell is just plane disengenuous and rude. There is policy (wars, economic policy blah blah) which are unpopular and sometimes wrong and then there is plain old offensive, personal bigotry which is what Mitchell did

I'm embarrassed to know and like some of the people having a pop at TJMP on here.

She isn't some anonymous, unaccountable nobody. She does her things and faces a public vote time and again. You don't like her? More people do. Grow up

As soon as some of you do the same i'll start respecting you more

Fucks sake.

StraferJack Wrote:

> I don't agree with some of the things tessa has

> done but comparing her directly to mitchell is

> just plane disengenuous and rude. There is policy

> (wars, economic policy blah blah) which are

> unpopular and sometimes wrong and then there is

> plain old offensive, personal bigotry which is

> what Mitchell did

>

> I'm embarrassed to know and like some of the

> people having a pop at TJMP on here.

>

> She isn't some anonymous, unaccountable nobody.

> She does her things and faces a public vote time

> and again. You don't like her? More people do.

> Grow up

>

> As soon as some of you do the same i'll start

> respecting you more

>

> @#$%& sake.

Good post.

Those of us who are not fans of Ms Jowell do seem to be attracting the ire of elements of the EDF Old Guard. Calm down, we are all allowed a voice.

I for one hope that now that Ms Jowell is not on the front bench she will be able to prioritise this constituency and not Labour cabinet/shadow cabinet policy or the needs of the Olympic Boroughs.

StraferJack Wrote:

> I don't agree with some of the things tessa has

> done but comparing her directly to mitchell is

> just plane disengenuous and rude. There is policy

> (wars, economic policy blah blah) which are

> unpopular and sometimes wrong and then there is

> plain old offensive, personal bigotry which is

> what Mitchell did

>

> I'm embarrassed to know and like some of the

> people having a pop at TJMP on here.

>

> She isn't some anonymous, unaccountable nobody.

> She does her things and faces a public vote time

> and again. You don't like her? More people do.

> Grow up

>

> As soon as some of you do the same i'll start

> respecting you more

>

> @#$%& sake.

h don't be such a TJ shrill. She treated the public with contemp by 'splitting' from her husband and then seeing him most weekends and Christmas. I think that lacks integrity and an insult to us. This forum is about opinions SJnot just your world view...you've plenty of form on this, so stop being so fooking rude because not everyone else thinks the sun shines out of the Labour Party's arse.

I suspect TJ could care less about anything anyone says about her apart from when she's seeking re-election; and as she has managed that in the recent past without busting a gut I don't suppose this will bother her a jot.

She might be secretly a little pleased that enough people care to attack such an irrelevant public figure her; albeit over her rather blatant - to some disgraceful to others unproven and/or minor - shenanigans.

If TB can carry on with an air of sanctimony and celebration (doesn't he still sometimes come across as a man who believes he has saved the world? Now THAT is self delusion at its apogee) that takes the breath away then it should be no surprise his followers are equally brazen.

The only amusing aspect is the smug arrogance of her 'job done' parting remark - as though we have her alone to thank for the whole Olympic/Paralympic success story.

My opinion is not at all coloured by her support of West Ham's bid to take over the Olympic Stadium.

Just leave it Tess, leave it.

Again, ????, spot on when you wrote: "She treated the public with contemp by 'splitting' from her husband and then seeing him most weekends and Christmas. I think that lacks integrity and an insult to us."

And to Maxii, when you write: "If TB can carry on with an air of sanctimony and celebration that takes the breath away then it should be no surprise his followers are equally brazen."

Brazen is the word, and same in Tessa's case, regarding her recent 'reconciliation' with her husband. They couldn't care less about what we 'little people' think.