Holiday with kids - please help

ceebeebee

Anyone got any ideas where we can go in April for some sun with two very young children? Hotel rooms are hopeless as we can't afford multiple rooms, and sharing a family room isn't my idea of a holiday.... Ideally we'd like an apartment or villa close to a beach with some toddler facilities (such as play parks) nearby and some sedate nightlife for us! We were thinking of Cyprus (we're not the Ayia Napa type) but don't know it well, and travel agents don't seem to be able to help! Any recommendations for resort and/or accommodation would be great!

Have you thought of a continental camp site? Keycamp, Eurocamp, Siblu etc. They have great sites in interesting place and are geared up to keep young kids entertained. Nowadays they all have mobile homes with the usual facilities, I have stayed in many of them and they are of good. You could get a cheap flight to the South of France or Italy and pick up a hire car.

Dear Ceebeebee,

This resort has rooms perfect for kids this age. They have two sleeping areas separated by a curtain, and it is in the most beautiful part of Cornwall. You can take your tiny people to rock pools with nets looking for crabs and fish, a lovely harbour and fresh air and sunshine. There is lovely childrens food, warm swimming pools and kids clubs are perfectly timed so that you can have a meal in peace while the children are happily playing not far away.

There are no delays in airports and the childrens ears will not pop when the plane is landing. It is not at all a cheap alternative to going abroad, but when our children were little - I just couldn't bear the idea of foreign holidays. Sands is really lovely when your children are young...

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Have you thought of a continental camp site?

> Keycamp, Eurocamp, Siblu etc. They have great

> sites in interesting place and are geared up to

> keep young kids entertained. Nowadays they all

> have mobile homes with the usual facilities, I

> have stayed in many of them and they are of good.

> You could get a cheap flight to the South of

> France or Italy and pick up a hire car.

i,ll second that we went 2 yrs ago this april to l,etoile d,argens campsite with eurocamp, smack on the french riviera between st tropez and cannes. flights to nice with squeezyjet,hire car and top of the range mobile home for 1 week under ?450. the weather was great the camp was fully open with full facilities for adults and kids and nice and lively. plus we got to go to cannes and st tropez and ponce around for the day,seeing how the other half live.

Cornwall is such a beautiful place, and years back I experienced a heat wave stones down there, and the beaches of St Ives were as good as any I've seen anywhere. However, April being April, if you want to be sure of sunshine it's probably not the place.

disneyland paris is good , and unless you,re some sort of a bah humbug it does tend to draw you in a bit, the only thing i find a bit disconcerting about it is the continual piped music but even that fades into the background after a while.

its a small small world,its a small small world............

Indeed, Disneyland Paris is lovely for the kids - I am shocked that I loved the place so very much - I really wanted to hate it.

I love the fresh air in Cornwall any time of year. All of the fresh air wears the poppets out and they are happy in their wellies in a rock pool with a net and a bucket to play with any time of year. The thing I love about the resort I mentioned is that the food is so nice, and they run a kids club so that you can have a nice glass of wine and lovely mealy in the evenings - like you did pre-munchkins! Padstow is like Lordship Lane-on-Sea, lovely coffee shops, and perfect Rick Stein fish and chips. There is even a White Stuff!