East Dulwich parking survey just hit.

karter

I live in Crawthew Grove and am also opposed to the idea of a CPZ. I pay more than enough in road tax to enable me to park on my street and would even continue to put up with Foxton`s mini`s rather than pay for a permit. Saturday`s are always busier than during the week and the CPZ wouldn`t even be inforce then! Maybe you should concentrate your efforts into how many spaces those little green Mini`s take up day in and day out, that would leave lots of spaces ;-)

I have also tried to leave a comment opposing a CPZ on your website which doesn`t seem to be working properly at the present time.

NO....keep money away from the weasels in local government and businesses flourishing in LL..as someone else has pointed out your laughable attempts to link this moneygrab to 'green issues' helps explain why so many of us have such low opinions of politicians and a lack of engagement in the political process

Still no survey either

Ultimately this never going to be resolved easily - there are bits near the station that would almost certainly benefit from a CPZ, my road included. In fact given the church I'd like a 24/7 variant with the zones done by street.

A neighbour told me the other day that a friend of theirs who lives in Peckham comes and parks in our road when they go on holiday because otherwise the car would be missing bits or gone altogether if left there too long. Ridiculous.

Councillors - are you considering a partial implementation - say a CPZ near the station but not round the upper east side etc. or are these things all or nothing? If its a partial one then how to resolve the road just out of the zone which will probably end up worse than before?

Sainsbury's, whose car park is never full in the week, could set aside the section nearest to DKH as a paying park-and-ride for those who bother residents near the station. Not ideal, but better than a CPZ which would push the problem further into ED.

kford Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sainsbury's, whose car park is never full in the

> week, could set aside the section nearest to DKH

> as a paying park-and-ride for those who bother

> residents near the station. Not ideal, but better

> than a CPZ which would push the problem further

> into ED.

Sainsbury's won't even let their staff park in their own car park!

lozzyloz Wrote:

> A definite (td) from me. It's so handy to park in

> Derwent Grove when I'm using ED Station or to park

> in Ashbourne Grove when shopping. Part of what

> makes LL a great road.

and why not.

I never park in front a a dropped kerb if theres a car on the drive but many think its fair game if its not occupied - and the police are SO disinterested its laugahble. boxing in a cr may cause problems, but it seems boxing out a car form his drive isnt a problem

Well I for one couldn't be more in favour of a CPZ for the Ashbourne Grove/Melbourne Grove area. I live round there and over the last few years parking has become a significant issue for local residents. We are at the point now where some people are "reserving" spaces by putting bins in the road. Surely when it gets to this point something needs to be done?

Don't get me wrong, I don't assume an automatic right to park outside where my property but I do think it isn't right that so many people blatantly take advantage of the ability to park for free to shorten their commute to the station or a trip to LL. Wouldn't a CPZ incentivise these people to use buses, cycle or walk instead, thereby reducing car usage on the streets of ED?

If they live in ED, lazy shoppers would have the same permit as you. You could bet that the CPZ on that side would extend all the way from the station to the Plough crossroads, on both sides of LL. That's how big they are in Lambeth. And the zone wouldn't apply on Saturdays, when, I'm sure you'll agree, it's at its busiest. A smaller zone would just push the problem up the road.

CPZ's spread like a dirty little virus. Once one scheme starts the other streets/neighbourhoods are forced/coerced to follow suit. They are just not a solution. People using their bins to reserve their "space" are almost as bad as CPZs and certainly contribute to parking problems. If you use your car for the day and have "reserved" your space, then it means there is no parking turnover and therefore fewer spaces for everyone else throughout the day. I for one have no qualms about removing said obstacles. None of us have a "right" to be able to park right outside our house unless we own the space. This growing occurrence of bin reservation also means that fewer people are sympathetic and considerate when you may want to temporarily reserve a space for a skip/removal van etc.

Wino Wrote:

> I would just add that one culprit in my neck of

> the woods uses the "bin reservation" technique so

> that he can permanently keep his penile extension

> second car safely outside his house at all times.

jag or awfully vulgar aston ?