East Dulwich parking survey just hit.

karter

If there is an issue about all day commuter parking near the station, then a residents zone from 10-11am, say, would fix that.

As for a broader zone, I feel it would kill off custom for the local shops.

I used to live in a CPZ zone and there were lots of issues - having to pay, and pay for visitors, and not being able to have a visitor leave their car for more than 12h, and it being a real pain if you ever had a hire or courtesy car... also bringing wardens to the streets meant that extra penalties used to get imposed for being too close to corners, just outside of the marked bays etc.

Not to mention that once the bays have been marked up, you have a substantial loss of actual parking spaces.

I also had an estate agent at the end of my road, and far as I could see, they got loads and lods of business permits, so the road almost became a car park for them!

Btw, my partner in Ulverscroft Rd did not get a parking survey.

Really 'proper research' councillor....I live in Fellbrigg Road which I'm sure will be in any charging zone.....have i seen a survey? Nope. Consultation and democracy my arse just politicians after my hard earned as always. can't look after data properley, can't run anything, can't do proper research just their pathetic little political shenanigans.

I'm with ???? and LozzyLoz. No CPZ in SE22. And I live just off the busy part of LL. The only parking probs I see are on Saturdays, when the CPZ wouldn't be in operation. And why should the residents pay to solve any perceived weekday parking issues? I smell a ruse to skim money off ED residents. Support this at your peril.

Mark, are you kidding me? The survey was not handed out efficiently let alone putting it online. I have friends on Fellbrigg and Nutfield and they did not receive a survey. The councillor lives on Fellbrigg, maybe he is just not very good at door to door or maybe just picked randomly, who knows, they dont seem to be coming on this thread.

Fuscia is so right, cpz would kill off this lovely area, ED is not Clapham and has no tube station and I am pretty sure the estate agents would love CPZ so they can park their cars and profit on people selling up their houses.

NO to CPZ.

I always think not having controlled parking makes East Dulwich seem more civilized. the only problems I've had was when I lived near the station - during the week everyone would park on my street then get the train into work. That was a bit of a pain when I had to park 2 streets away from my house. But even then i didn't want permit holders only bays or anything. It'd feel like Fulham and surely we're far enough onto that dreaded slope thanks to fxxtons..

We had the same problem re: very selective consultation in SE1 when they closed off certain streets in the nicer part of our area resulting in a rat run through our estate. The only people consulted where the ones who would be positively affected by the road closure and no-one on our estate was asked for an opinion at all. When we challenged this, they quoted their consultation data saying everyone had responded positively and after a long fight the roads are still closed and the traffic still runs through the council estate instead.

I don't own a car at the moment and get a bit cheezed off about parents dropping off their kids blocking up my road, but I'd never want a CPZ in my area because of the nightmare it causes for everyone except the revenue people in the council.

You need to be very pro-active if you want to make sure your veiws are heard. We weren't (on the Rockingham) and got shafted.

Sorry I haven't answered some of the queries about the East Dulwich Liberal Democrat Parking Survey. We've been busey finding out which Post Offices are being proposed for closure.

So far we have delivered parking surveys to 2,000 homes in East Dulwich - so yes we still have 3,500 more homes to visit.

No we can't deliver them in a few days as some people expect as all the work is done by local councillors and volunteers who have day jobs and families. It will take 4-6 more weeks of evening and weekend work to distribute them all.

Streets that I know we have delivered to include:

Melbourne Grove, Derwent Grove, Grove Vale (south side), Elsie Road, Tingatel Crescent, Zenoria Street, Oxonian Street, East Dulwich Road, Lordship Lane, Tell Grove, Matham Grove, Ashbourne Grove, Chesterfield Grove, Bassano Street, Blackwater Street, Spurling Road, Crawthew Grove, Worlingham Road, Frogley Road, Nutfield Road, Archdale Road, Lacon Road, Crystal Palace Road (NW side).

To re iterate we have no axe to grind for or against Controlled Parking Zones. We are responding to many resident queries, especially near to East dulwich station, and we wont to find out what people want. IF majority who respond want one then we will seek a full formal survey.