Anyone tried a Brazilian Blowdry?

ClareC

• 4 weeks later...
Carly came and did my hair last week and its brilliant!!! I will be getting this done regularly. She was on time, super nice and my hair looks great! I've always had wavy and frizzy hair but now it's smooth and I literally just have to dry it off in the morning which takes about a minute and off I go and as a working mum I need that more than anything.. Carly also cut my hair at the same time and I was really pleased with it and ill be getting her back in a few weeks to colour it..

Yes.. I don't fully dry my hair with the hairdryer I just dy it off for about 60 seconds so its not drenched if you know what I mean.. I'd get it done on a Thursday or Friday (Carly does nights also) as you can't wash or tie your hair up for three days but the first two days are ok as it just looks like you have straightened it so looks really nice.. X

im really tempted. i always, always have my hair in a ponytail and it would be nice to be able to have it down a bit.

i have to wear it in a pony at night as we are pretty much co-sleeping and so it would be nice to be able to just wet it and go in the morning.

Convex I've petty much had my hair in a bun or pony tail for the past two years (got pregnant and couldn't be bothered to try straightening my hair in between vomits) but since I've had it done I've worn my hair down every day and can't tell you how much easier it is, give it a go for sure x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Family roomers,

I had Carly round yesterday to trim my niece's hair and she mentioned some of the lovely people she's met through the EDF and how nice it's been to meet some other mums as well!

Her standard prices are below, but as a thank-you for the lovely recommendations she's had - if you mention the East Dulwich forum she will take 10% off these prices for your first appointment. If you rebook, you will receive 10% off your second appointment and she will give anyone out there 20% off their next service if they recommend to a friend who books a service with her. Carly will come out to you days, evenings, weekends! Her number is 07903 241 170.

Anyway, she's asked me to mention her prices. I hope this is allowed, I know I've recommended her a few times, but she is such a good hairdresser and really grateful for the positive feedback and support she's had from the EDF ladies on here.

Children's haircuts: ?7 (or ?5 with any grown-up hair service booked)

Full head of highlights: ?50

Half head of highlights: ?40

Full head one colour: ?35

Cut and Blowdry: ?25 (reduced to ?20 if you book a colour service)

Wash and cut: ?17

Blowdry only: ?15

Brazilian blowdry: ?80 (includes free cut)

Colour correction: consultation needed

Also had this treatment done by Carly and the results were much better than at the salon I went to last year (different brands). Definitely tamed the frizz. Agree with sparkleheart that feel it needs washing more frequently, but if I can head out without even blow-drying, that's fine by me!

• 4 weeks later...
Having my third Brazilian Blow-Dry next week with Carly, and am also having a full-head of colour! Unlike a previous straightening technique I had in a salon a few years back, the brazilian treatment is pefectly safe to use on coloured hair, just a mention in case anyone was put off having a brazilian blow-dry because they colour their hair - no more grey or frizz for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Two new additions to Carly's pricelist are bleach baths and conditioning treatment. Please note the 10% offer for new clients still applies to all treatments except for the Brazilian blowdry. :)

Conditioning Treatment ?10

Bleach Bath ?20

Existing pricelist:

Children's haircuts: ?7 (or ?5 with any grown-up hair service booked)

Full head of highlights: ?50

Half head of highlights: ?40

Full head one colour: ?35

Cut and Blowdry: ?25 (reduced to ?20 if you book a colour service)

Wash and cut: ?17

Blowdry only: ?15

Brazilian blowdry: ?80

Colour correction: consultation needed

• 3 weeks later...
Bringing this thread back to the top again! Thanks for those who recommended Carly, she is lovely! She came and did my hair and 2 of my friends, we all love the cuts and the BB is amazing so far! I rough dried it this morning and it went fine and then did the school run in the rain with no hood or umbrella as a test and it dried exactly the same! Unbelievable!!