Anyone tried a Brazilian Blowdry?

ClareC

I had a BB with Carly about a month ago. She was great and my hair did look fantastic for a few weeks though I have to say the spectacular results are a bit less visible now.

I do have a rather stupid question though for those of you who have had a BB... Do you find your head gets itchy if you skip washing your hair for a day? I seem to have this and it's so pronounced it has kept me up at night. Either that or I have fallen prey to school lice... yikes

Hi supergolden88, I've has the same, I've been wondering. I had my BB over 6 months ago and the itchiness hasn't gone away. I loved the effect of the BB while it lasted, but wouldn't do it again. I suffer from asthma and I think the fumes were not very good for me as I had asthma and was sneezing for days after having the BB. It could have been something else, but wouldn't risk it, plus the itchiness is still there. If you find something to stop it please let me know!

I don't have an itchy scalp and I've had lots of bbs with Carly. It can be quite fumey but we always sit in the kitchen with the back door open for ventilation.

Don't forget, she's offering 10% off in December and ?10 off a Brazilian blowdry in January!

On a separate note, Carly is now offering hair extensions. Details below. (discounts do not apply to extensions)

Hair extension pricelist

The keratin bonded extensions which is melted onto the hair, it iss not damaging and easily removed.

Half head 20" is ?235

Full head 20" is ?320

Micro rings where hair is clamped down into the micro ring, these ones aren't really suitable for fine hair and are easily removed.

Half head 20" is ?235

Full head 20" is ?320

Nano tip extensions, these ones are the smallest bond of all and near enough undetectable to others so are the most natural looking. The micro bond and nano bond are both clamped down to the hair but micro bonds are more noticeable.

Half head 18" is ?280

Full head 18" is ?410

All comes with aftercare card.

Consultation is required beforehand to discuss and colour match.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been having Brazilian blow dries for about 3 years, I am totally hooked. For the last 18 months, I have been doing them myself. It's not particularly skilled or hard to do yourself. You can buy the kit here and it lasts for a good 3 treatments with hair that is very thick and just below the shoulders: http://www.e-gohair.co.uk/ViewItem.php

?60 for 3 treatments is really rather good, I think.

It is really important to use sulphate free shampoo and conditioner to make it last. They have some amazing sulphate free shampoos and conditioners at TK Maxx.

• 3 months later...
Having this done later on in the week and I was wondering if there is a shampoo/conditioner that work well after the treatment. Googling gives varying answers and it seems to depend on the specific bb treatment used. Can anyone that has their's done by Carly recommend any shampoos or conditioners? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Evening all! Just to let you know that Carly now offers a new Brazilian blowdry treatment that you can wash your hair after 24 hours! It's ?100 and she still offers the original bb at ?80 but you need to wait at least 72 hours before washing.

Just had the new version done a two days ago as well as a colour service and it feels amazing! Finally, she is offering 20% off colour services until the end if May!

• 2 months later...
For the itchy head people - I get mine done without putting it on the inch or so of hair nearest to my scalp, so it doesn't look greasy too quickly between washes. Might solve the itchy problem too? I am a big bb fan, my natural hair is pretty crazy and I'm happy to risk the possibly dubious chemicals for the sake of no effort no frizz! Carly does mine too.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Had a BB, colour and cut with Carly and I'm really pleased with the result - gorgeous, shiny, silky and easy to manage hair! It was great to have it done in my home - as It was a lovely sunny day had it done in the garden! Carly is lovely, very flexible and professional. Will definitely be using her services regularly.

• 4 months later...
A question for those who have had a Brazilian blow-dry, what happens afterwards? Like down the track when you want to change style and not have it BB straight anymore? Do you do a treatment on it, or do you have to grow it out. And what sort of condition is it in afterwards? Thx

• 3 months later...

Had my first BB (the nano-keratin treatment - is that the same?) at Rush last month. What a revelation! I definitely want to have them again, so was thinking of Carly. For people who have used Carly, does she do the nano-keratin version or another version? Would you recommend her?

Missjojo - a bit of an old question, but my hair is in fantastic condition. I'm using the sulphate free shampoo and it's been fantastic (I have frizzy/curly hair which is a pain). I still blow dry and straighten, but is much faster and lasts much longer. My hair is probably a bit greasier than before, but as I generally have dry hair it doesn't bother me. I think it'll just slowly revert back to it's old ways. I must admit it's just been a month and it's already wearing off a bit, but will probably last for another 5-6 weeks at least.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Had my first BB with the lovely Carly last week. I would definitely recommend her. I am delighted with the result and have had loads of complements about my hair. Wish I'd had it done ages ago. My usually messy hair now looks like it has been professionally blow dried with minimal effort on my part.

• 6 months later...