More fireworks!

minder

Just heard another round of fireworks going off, first lot started 10.15 then another lot 10.20 now a third bout.

Very loud coming from the Dog Kennel Hill area. Why can't people keep it early on a weekday?

I'm a night person anyway so still up reading papers, doing paperwork, on EDF but it must be so annoying for families with young children.

The Fireworks Regulations 2004 don't generally permit use of fireworks during night hours, except on permitted fireworks nights, defined as below:

7(3) In this regulation, ?night hours? means the period beginning at 11 pm and ending at 7 am the following day and a ?permitted fireworks night? means a period?

(a)beginning at 11 pm on the first day of the Chinese New Year and ending at 1 am the following day;

(b)beginning at 11 pm on 5th November and ending at 12 am the following day;

©beginning at 11 pm on the day of Diwali and ending at 1 am the following day; or

(d)beginning at 11 pm on 31st December and ending at 1 am the following day.

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> titch juicy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > relax people- it's a couple of times a year

> > maximum

>

> I'm not that bothered but it is several days not a

> couple! Unless you are hard of hearing.

xxxxxxxx

I thought you were rather keen on fireworks, e-dealer? You banged on about their cancellation enough :))

garnwba Wrote:

> last night was actually the Indian new year which

> follows Diwali - bit like the ?500,000 worth of

> firewors the major sets off each year at our New

> year post 10.30pm....... or is that different

> minder / ratty?

No, it's not different, I hate having my kids woken up then too and being up all night with them. However, they are rarely on my fooking doorstep like they were last night.

Are you trying to subtley accuse me of being pissed off about these fireworks because they may have been in celebration of Diwali instead of new year? pray tell, cos I thnk you are!

garnwba Wrote:

> last night was actually the Indian new year which

> follows Diwali - bit like the ?500,000 worth of

> firewors the major sets off each year at our New

> year post 10.30pm....... or is that different

> minder / ratty?

who is this trigger-happy major setting off firewors on New year?

But garnwba the fireworks the mayor has in London are not really in a residential area.

My point is that couldn't the fireworks have been set off earlier, especially on a weekday.

Asking me if it's different because it's Diwali doesn't come into it, as I know what Diwali is and when it is.

minder Wrote:

> But garnwba the fireworks the mayor has in London

> are not really in a residential area.

>

> My point is that couldn't the fireworks have been

> set off earlier, especially on a weekday.

>

> Asking me if it's different because it's Diwali

> doesn't come into it, as I know what Diwali is and

> when it is.

No answer from Garnwba