Corbyn and antisemitism

malumbu

I heard that Starmer had collided with a cyclist, it wasn't Jezza was it? The Leader of the Labour Party may have been doing a u-turn, something his predecessor generally didn't do.

Which leads me onto today's report on antisemitism and the Labour Party. Corbyn's not great at showing humility. He doesn't quite go to the same level as Livingstone. I suspect that there is a point about the stance of the right wing press (who have had plenty of blood on their hands in earlier times when it comes to tackling fascism). But a sorry for the hurt wouldn't have gone a miss, maybe something even more humble.

Yes, it is the lack of contrition that is the problem with his comments. Is that a suspending offence? Not sure it is. We shall see how it plays out but there are times where it feels as though Jeremy hasn't quite returned to the backbenches yet in his mind. He seems more willing to give interviews than he did when he was leader too.

He's quite pleased to be going on gardening leave. Spoiler alert, I'm watching HIGNFY (online audience) - that was the fist comment (gardening leave) but some interesting things on other key issues. The programme is hit and miss in terms of connectivity. OMG Hislop has just quoted me.

He's convinced he's in the right, which is fine, but he should just stand back now and let history judge, he doesn't need to keep fighting. There are bigger things going on now.

If he really wants to help either Labour, or the cause of antisemitism, he should accept it's not all about him. More divisive stuff, we really don't need it!

It's obvious why Corbyn etc are antisemitic. (Walking past the cartoon picture on the wall in Tower Hamlets says it all imo)

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/jeremy-corbyn-says-he-backed-antisemitic-mural-on-grounds-of-freedom-of-speech-1.461312

There are about 300,000 Jews in the UK, there are about 2.9 million muslims- plus most of the illegals that have washed up. What better way to endear yourself to one group of voters than by blatantly supporting hatred of their sworn enemy?

Corbyn and his ilk will never alienate the muslims- 80% of them vote Labour after all

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wow indeed.....Uncle just sank to a whole new

> level.

Why the outrage?

UG quoted accurate statistics and drew a conclusion that was a fair reflection on the opportunism of politicians. Why should you attempt to condemn UG?.

His opinion was not prejudiced against any ethnic/religious minority. Rather it was an personal observation on the behaviour of politicians.

Plough Man Wrote:

> Why the outrage?

Because he has previous of extreme right wing views...

Jews are the "sworn enemy" of Muslims? Maybe there's a shade of truth to that in some parts of the world, or amongst some factions, but it is not representative of any British Muslim that I know. Most of whom want to just practice their religion privately and get on with their life.

(Not that I am denying that Islam has more than it's fair share issues, particularly at this current moment in history)

(Neither am I denying that Corbyn and his buddies handled this all EXTREMELY badly)

Blah Blah Wrote:

> If you can't see the derogatory and inflammatory

> elements in his comments Plough Man then you are

> as bad as he is.

Why don't you cut him a bit of slack?

He is only exercising his right to free speech. Y'all don't have to gang up on him every time he posts on the forum.

Jules-and-Boo Wrote:

> In the bigger picture, Corbyn suspended basically

> removes the Labour Party, just when we need an

> opposition to the tories.

Well it arguably splits the party in two. But I am not convinced that the kind of hard left voter who would vote for Corbyn but refuse to vote for Starmer, Miliband, etc (and vote for who instead??) is really a serious force at the polling station. I believe the centrist/swing vote is likely to be much more significant.

It does split the party, so they now have to sit down and look for a solution because both sides must realise that providing a strong opposition which is electable next time round is the goal here. It's no time to storm out the door, there's work to be done.

Jeremy Corbyn is not anti-semitic.

He didn't say it didn't exist in the Labour party. He said its existence had been exaggerated. Which it has.

YouGov survey of anti-semitism conducted in 2017 shows that the LP was the LEAST anti-semitic of all the parties, even less than when they had a Jewish leader in Ed Miliband two years earlier when they were second least anti-semitic.

Anti-semitism has been abused for political reasons by the media, the Tories and members of the LP as a way of deligitimising Corbyn. Anyone who doesn't realise this should perhaps try reading something other than the Daily Mail once in a while.

Broaden your minds. Educate yourselves.

Oh and by the way, do you know who is anti-semitic? Our Prime Minister.

Plough Man Wrote:

> He is only exercising his right to free speech.

> Y'all don't have to gang up on him every time he

> posts on the forum.

And he doesn't have to lace every comment he makes with an underbelly of bigotry. It is a public forum, and if you want to play the FoS card, others have FoS to call him out every time he posts his in predictable tone.

Bunnybarrow, you like so many are missing the point here. It was Corbyn's response to the report that has got him into trouble. He could have shown contrition, he didn't. He could have addressed the findings on unlawful activity, he didn't. Instead he doubled down, with the typical mantra that has defined the harder left, that it is always someone else's fault. Do I think he will or should be expelled? No, and I don't think the rules even say he should be.

His suspension is about sending a message to the electorate, that the leadership who lost Labour the last election so badly, is not going to be allowed to repeat the exercise next time round. Who cares where the membership stand, or what Len says from his NEC throne? It is the electorate that matters and if Corbyn had paid more attention to that instead of pandering to harder left niche ideals, he may not be sitting where he is now.

Blah Blah Wrote:

> If you can't see the derogatory and inflammatory

> elements in his comments Plough Man then you are

> as bad as he is.

It's also complete cobblers. Corbyn has been saying the same thing about Israeli and Jewish issues since the 1970s, way before Muslims were ever a material electoral bloc in the UK. Corbyn's whole problem is that he hasn't changed his mins about anything in 40 years and retains the same smug, sanctimonious simplistic views he always has.