Bugaboo Bee pushchair feed back please

ojg5000

Hi

My wife and I are looking to buy our first pushchair for our upcoming new arrival. We have seen the Bee at John Lewis but I would really appreciate owners views on them. I have read about the front wheels being wobbly like a dodgy shop trolley, is this a common problem?

Thanks for any views.

Olly

The wheel problem is a common one, but you just contact Bugaboo and they send out some washers, which fixes them completely.

We have a Bee+, which we bought for the arrival of our third child in January. It has been brilliant, ticks all the boxes for us. With previous prams (Cameleon, followed by a Phil n Teds double) we have needed a second stroller to use for travel etc, but haven't needed this with the Bee. It was brilliant and cosy when our baby was born, with the cocoon, and is now equally as good in the cold weather with a footmuff and sheepskin seat liner.

Very easy to manoeuvre, compact, lightweight. A winner for us.

Hated it, got full refund back after their 3 attempts to sort the incompetent brakes. Its plasticky, feels too flimsy & light to protect your baby in a cosy cocoon, changing the fleece back covering to the summer mode a nightmare...................... As you can tell we really did not get on with it but I do know people very happy with it. Felt like a HUGE price for plasticky feeling rigid pram............., sorry :(

we have the Bee, not the Bee+, and it's been brilliant: no problems with wheels at all, in fact it's very manoeverable, narrow which is good for our hallway and buses and trains, not a huge problem off road, I love the height adjustable single handlebar - in fact, I don't think I can find fault with it at all. Miss Oi is nearly 3 and still in it, and will be I reckon as long as we need a pushchair.

Fantastic pushchair. We had it for our first and my son loved it. Slept in it like a dream with a cosy fleece on the seat. It's great now with our second as we don't have space for a double and I use it front-facing for toddler with baby in a sling, rear-facing with baby plus buggy board for toddler. It's lightweight, especially good for London and if you use public transport, getting in and out of small shops and easily fits in the boot of small cars.

We also bought the UV sunshade for summer which was wonderful on holiday as baby was out of sun completely.

Highly recommend.

Don't get a bulky travel system unless you only plan walking from home to local parks. If you don't get on with the Bee, people seem to like the McLaren, though I love my Bee as you can manoeuvre it with one hand. The other pushchair that seems to be popular is the Quinny Buzz. A couple of my friends have it and love it.

Get the assistant at JL to show you the features of a couple of buggies you like (no more than three or you'll be bamboozled) although you'll probably end up buying the one that the assistant likes, as we did (-:

Def recommend, pre birth I brought the Quinny but it did not work our for me, to heavy etc. Brought the Bugaboo Bee plus and have never looked back. Easy to fold up etc, lightweight ( i have stairs leading up to my house), easy to move around, nice small wheels means it does not catch in dooror round corners etc. I used it with the cocoon and madam seemed very happy. She was about a couple months old when we put her in the cocoon and it was fine.

We had the bee+ and after 9 months the front wheels jammed when my husband was walking across a busy road, we took it straight back to John Lewis and got a full refund. I was sad as I had loved it until then (REALLY loved it) but we lost all confidence in it. Baby was old enough for me to just buy a normal mclaren stroller...I wouldn't recommend going from bee to mclaren but it's fine for now!)

We had a Bee+ for our son from birth and loved it. Cocoon super cosy and it's very easy to push and manoeuvre. The width is also great for getting through doorways and on buses etc. and it's nice and lightweight.

However, our son is now 2 and it feels like he's outgrown it - the straps don't seem long enough to go round him with a coat on and the supposed extendable backrest has no locking mechanism so it just slips down when you're walking, meaning your toddler's head gets a bit squashed by the hood.

I have recently returned it to John Lewis and swapped it for a Baby Jogger City Mini GT, which is fantastic. It's only forward-facing but you can by an attachable carrycot for your newborn, and if I was starting out again this is definitely what I'd buy from the outset. It's wonderfully roomy for a growing child, has a large hood/canopy which is great at keeping it dark for naps etc, lays flat and offers a really smooth ride. And the best bit about it is the one-handed folding mechanism - so simple.

I'd recommend going to John Lewis and trying them both out. I think the Bee is a great pushchair but the Baby Jogger wins on longevity and ease for me.