Summer babies club (due June, July, Aug 2013)

Hello,

My hubby's been reading this forum for a while, but I just signed up today when I saw this topic as we're expecting baby number 1 on the 24th of June.

Similar to you guys I have no idea what to expect so it would be good to meet people in the same boat.

Had my scan at King's a few weeks ago and everything went well. Similar to Clofty, the baby wouldn't stop moving :)

Congratulations Clairebear! I'm due a week before you on the 17th June. Was the 21st but was moved back a couple of days after my first scan. Got my second scan end of January and for some reason I feel more nervous about it then I did prior to my 12-week scan.

Glad everyone's scans went well! Can't wait to have mine on Fri...if all is well it will massively ease my mind! Still unsure re NCT but instinct is saying to do it as we know nothing so think we're gonna take the plunge and sign up. I figure that the knowledge can only help and they are v local I think.

Had a look at prams...cannot believe how many there are, it is absolutely insane! I thought shoe shopping was tricky but this is crazy! Gonna wait a bit I think. Blimey lots of new things to think about!

Hi Everyone,

just a quick message to answer about the NCT classes. I am a midwife and run group antenatal classes at the Mag, in East Dulwich. The course lasts 6 weeks, it is dynamic and interactive, but also informative, research and experienced based and certainly non-judgemental. It is a great chance to meet other local mothers and prepare you for labour, birth and early days with your baby from first hand experience as a midwife.

The course is a great alternative to NCT. During the course I invite 2 couples to tell their birth story, and you get the chance to practice different breathing and relaxation techniques throughout the weeks. Also, I organise 2 social gatherings while the course lasts and one final social when the course is over to make sure that the group carries on.

Check my website for further information and to find out the course that would suit your dates:

www.ariadnasole.com or just PM me if you want to ask me more.

You can always check other entries from birthmatters and you can see all the comments left form other couples who have already been at my classes by clicking here: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1032714,1032714#msg-1032714

Keep it local, keep it friendly! The total cost of the course is 230?, this includes 6 weeks 2 hourly course, weekly hand outs and other sources of information and access to my email (or phone) for endless information. Payment in installments is also available, just email for further information. I also offer postnatal and breastfeeding support once your little one has arrived and I run a mother and baby group for those of you who join the course!

Looking forward to hearing from you and keep on enjoying your bumps!!

Ariadna

Hi all, congratulations to everyone! Good to hear there are lots of us in the area due around the same time. When i found out I was pregnant i was slightly put out that the Duchess had stolen my thunder but think we will all be in good company expecting in 2013! I am expecting twins on 9th July but have been assured they will be arriving early, like most of you they were wriggling around like mad and one seems a bit feisty, punching the other in the back! Would love to catch up with you all in the next couple of months, am happy to organise if need be. In the meantime, good luck all and enjoy this period when hopefully we all feel a little better!

Hi all,

I'm also expecting identical twins in July. I have to say it was a complete shock to discover that there was 2 in there when I went for the scan, although I am getting used to the idea. I also have a 2.5 year old son. But the thought of twins still terrifies me!

Would be lovely to meet others due around the same time xx

Week nights are good for me, any time after 7pm. I can do any night at the moment w/c 4th Feb so am happy to go with the majority ( not Friday night ideally for me though). Or the week after if that suits everyone better. Thanks for organising Astrid xx

Hi all, sorry to be a pain especially as I said I was free all week but am now away with work on the 12th and 13th so can't make it. Free the rest of the week although the 14th perhaps we should spend with our partners! If we can't find a date that week perhaps the following week? Bar/pub is good and there are lots to choose from that can be quiet enough- let's see how many can make it but The Clockhouse is quite good with areas as is the EDT if we get the sofas!