Summer babies club (due June, July, Aug 2013)

I agree with all, great to meet those I had a chance to talk to and look forward to catching up with others! Perhaps we should all meet up as a big group next month, possibly look for a more group friendly area where we aren't split in 2? Although the free Soda's made it a cheap night! Then hopefully we will get to meet everyone and if June, July, August groups want to evolve from that, that works for me. I did only meet one of you due in August though so would hate anyone to feel left out! Anyone got any suggested venues? X

Dear all!!

I hope you are enjoying your bumps and all those 'get togethers'!

Just droping a line to say that I am starting a second time parents/refresher group in 10 days, this runs over 3 weeks and I organise a social event while it happens and a final one once the course is over. There are still a couple of spaces available, so if you were interested, just PMd me or email me at [email protected]

Equally, I am running groups for first time parents, these groups run over 6 weeks and we cover labour, birth and early days with your baby. During the course i organise 2 social events and a final one once the course is over. Check my website for details on starting dates to find out what group would suit you and your partner at www.ariadnasole.com

You can also read some comments that other couples who have already done the course with me have left: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1032714,1032714#msg-1032714

Looking forward to hearing from you, keep on enjoying your bumps and have a lovely weekend,

Ariadna

Sals12 - yes I think I'm the only one due in August (2nd according to my dating scan) but by my calculation it's 29th July so I'll just tag along to the July group if no one minds!

We could set up a regular meet up for the whole group e.g. 2nd/3rd Tuesday of the month for whoever can make it? I liked the EDT but we were a bit split up so happy to try another venue next time.

Hope everyone's having a great wkend. Eimear x

Hi ladies,

I'd definitely be up for meeting again, it was lovely to meet you all. I'm struggling a bit at the moment with pregnancy hormones affecting my mood so arranging another meet-up will help to lift my mood a bit.

I'm happy to arrange something. Does weeknights work best for you all? I guess we could also try to do a Saturday/Sunday morning in a caf? somewhere if you fancy?

Hi ladies,

Was funny, as I felt like I was going on a first date(i.e. a little nervous) but really enjoyed the meet up. I am also due in June but don't mind either way meeting as a smaller or bigger group as it looks like the June group will be pretty big anyway ; ))

I think a monthly meet up would be good as we could get to know each other a bit better before the babies arrive - which won't be long now!

PS Thanks for the FB page Jenny. Will sign up to it today.

Claire

Hi everyone,

There seems to be so many enquiries about NCT antenatal courses in the area, and what they cover, so I thought I should introduce myself as the NCT teacher in SE15.

My name is Becky Byrne and I run courses in my own home in Nunhead on week day evenings and above the Old Nun?s Head Pub on Saturdays ? I know it?s not strictly East Dulwich (no slaps on the wrist pls Moderators) but I do have many clients from SE22, some of whom, I believe, are Forum users!

Like my fellow teacher, sillywoman, my courses cover

? late pregnancy

? labour

? pain management

? caesareans and assisted birth

? coping strategies

? partners role

? life with a new baby

? practical baby skills such as nappy changing, safety and settling babies

? coping with crying

? physical and emotional recovery

? lifestyle and relationship changes.

PLUS a separate breastfeeding session with a qualified local breastfeeding counsellor.

All literature/handouts are included in the course pack.

The courses are small and personalised and made up of local couples with due dates at the same time. At each course I ask everyone what they would like to cover so our courses are tailored to each group?s needs and individual requirements.

There is also a get together once the babies all arrive although I find most groups have already been meeting up way before then!

All teachers are regularly assessed and observed to make sure we keep to the required standards and are issued with a Licence from the NCT to guarantee the quality of our teaching. To keep this Licence we also have to attend Continuous Professional Development study days so all our information is up to date. Our training takes place over years and is accredited by both the University of Bedfordshire and the University of Worcester.

I hope this answers some of your queries about NCT courses and how they are run and pls feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Becky

Hi all,

Expecting baby number 2 31st July would love to join the group as most of my nct group from baby number 1 have all left London!! Found this thread whilst browsing ed forum on a saturday night , hubby is out boozing so home alone, the joy!

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

You're due a day after me! Exciting times! We had a meet a few weeks ago and think the plan was to try and get together once a month, maybe splitting into months as there were quite a few of us. Jenny has set up a facebook group as you've probably seen. Look forward to meeting you at some stage! H

Hi ladies,

I've not been feeling great but am hopefully on the mend now.

We've been talking about a second meetup on the 19th of March - how's that for all of you?

Are you happy to meet up at East Dulwich Tavern like last time or shall we go somewhere else?

Also...I have just booked and pay for NCT-classes, finally, starting in May at The Old Nun's Head. Anyone else doing the same one?

19th is good for me too and I suggest we just stick to EDT (especially as no footie) for this one and then hopefully Spring will have sprung and we can expand our meeting venue to somewhere outside! Unless someone knows of a particularly good place that will fit us all in. Sorry to hear you have been unwell Sofia, they certainly take it out of you these babies. Not doing the full NCT - may join the Ariadna one for the last 3 weeks depending on how the Tamba session goes this weekend. See you all on the 19th x