Summer babies club (due June, July, Aug 2013)

Hi all,

Had a few discussions with some of you and have booked for EDT on 19th, the guy there said he thinks it would be better to be on 'the stage' - the raised area to the left at the back. Basically there is footie on again so they would have the big screens up but as there's no UK teams left in the EU league they don't think it will be that busy.

Have booked a table for June and another one for Jul/Aug. He's called it the PMG (I said we were pregnant ladies but so I think he's decided to call us the preg mothers group! haha)

Hope that was ok with all?

Still happy to do a smaller June meet up - Maybe we can go for the place on Bellenden Rd as you suggest Asrid or the Rye or the Clockhouse if it's open again - anyone know?

x

I can make the 19th (unless something crazy happens at work) - thanks for organising. I am booked on the NCT class at Maria Pinter's house in Herne Hill on 3 and 4 of May. We thought we'd just hit it hard for two days, hopefully learn something and make some friends (bonding through shock no doubt - I hear these classes are quite graphic!)

Geez saw this today - definitely something to avoid! - http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/07/baby-born-on-london-commuter-train

See you all soon, Lou

Oh gosh that really is something to avoid!

Having said that. My friend gave birth to her daughter in a hotel bathroom last year.

She had been sent home from hospital 2 hours earlier as midwife thought it was going to be a slow process...

She and her husband didn't fancy the long journey back home so checked in to the nearest hotel as they were booked in for an induction next morning.

All of a sudden she got strong contractions, asked her husband to have a look and he could see the baby's head! So...he delivered his own baby.:)

Hi all,

I'm new to this entire concept (forum and baby group). We're due our first baby in August and I would love to join this group too! I don't know if I have to do much more than this to participate more actively?! Ha...techno-phobe, preggo brain!

x

Hi lovely mums to be

My name's Hollie and I'm a local mum with a 2 year old little boy. When I found out I was pregnant I was pretty terrified at the thought of giving birth, and on a friends recommendation did a HypnoBirthing course with my partner. It changed everything for me and I actually found myself enjoying every second of my pregnancy and feeling calm and confident - even excited - about the prospect of birthing my baby.

I went on to have the most wonderful birth experience and can only describe it as the most peaceful, calm and romantic experience of my life (really!). It was beyond all realms of what I though was possible, largely due to the way in which we in the western world are conditioned to believe that birth must be this excruciating and sometimes traumatic experience. My partner and I were equipped with simple but specific self-hypnosis techniques, along with breathing and massage techniques that made our birth an experience we could share and enjoy together.

Since having my son I have trained as a HypnoBirthing practitioner and have equipped many couples with the skills they need to have a calm and comfortable birth - the way birth should be. I run weekly classes at my home in East Dulwich which cost ?285 per couple for a 4 week course, including the accompanying book, CD and all class handouts, plus ongoing support for the rest of your pregnancy.

There are a few places left on my April & May courses, which would be perfect timing for those expecting summer babies. Places do fill up quickly so please get in touch to avoid disappointment. You can have a look at my website http://www.londonhypnobirthing.co.uk for more information, or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

All the very best to you all for happy and healthy pregnancies.

Hollie x

Hi there,

Thanks for the post Hollie!

How is everyone doing this week? A few people have mentioned a separate June meet up so I thought I would see who would be interested and get the ball rolling on picking a date and venue. What sort of thing works for June mums-to-be or mums-to-be again, would an evening or a wkend be better?

How about towards the end of next week or the wkend of 23/24th March?

Jen x

Hi Everyone

Congratulations to you all.just a quick message to let you know I am starting Daisy Birthing classes in Honor Oak from Monday 18th. Daisy Birthing has a unique take on birth preparation and is so much more that a breathe stretch and relax or a pregnancy yoga class. Classes include a range of more conventional techniques combined into a 1hr 15 min class which allows mums to learn as they move.

Daisy birthing has combined :

* Yoga inspired movements

* Traditional Active Birthing

* Birth Breathing Education

* Key Birthing Education

Classes will build muscle memory and help you find intuitive techniques to help you enjoy a more comfortable birth experience. We run for six weeks at a time and each class is 1hr and 15 mins.

Please contact Nadine on 07554 762 933 on [email protected] if you'd like

to join us.

Take Care

Nadine

Hi there... I have just come across this thread and am keen to join in! I'm due on July 10th with my first, and I'd love to meet some people in similar situations in the local area. Is it ok if I pop along on the 19th March? What time will you be gathering in the EDT if so? Thanks

Hello ladies,

My friend told me about the summer babies group on the Forum and i'm delighted to have found you all!

I am expecting my first on 17th June and would love to meet you all.

If it's ok, i'd like to try and come along to the EDT on Tuesday?

If work gets in the way, then perhaps I can join the June babies group, but i am away the weekend of the 23/24th which i think was the date suggested.

Hope you're all well and looking forward to meeting you soon!!!!

Hello Ladies

Would be keen to join the June meet up suggested above (due on the 7th June) however the 23/24th doesn't work for me, perhaps we can do another after that weekend?

Trying to see if i can make it along tomorrow night too.....!

C

i'm hoping to make it tomorrow eve but finishing work late so might be tricky. i'm due 4th june so keen for a june meet up too -- am around this weekend.

laura

(ps this is a different username for me but i met lots of you at the last meeting!)

Looking fwd to tomorrow! It's anytime from 7pm.

For the June meet up, I'm good for Sun 24th too if that works for most of the June ladies, and we can arrange another one soon after! Caroline, maybe we should pick somewhere child friendly and those already-mums can bring their little ones, what do you think?

Jen x