Rocks Hair

rhiannon1

So, I haven't ever posted in the forum before but just had a really amazing haircut at Rocks Hair which has just opened up on grove lane (113a)(it's opened where the clothes shop Odie and Amanda used to be) about 3 mins from Denmark Hill train station. The guy that owns it was incredibly interesting and friendly, I'm someone that can frequently find having my hair cut to be a kind of awkward experience but he was wonderful at helping me feel relaxed, by the end I felt like I was chatting to a friend. He's really experienced, (we chatted for a while about how he used to cut film stars hair, Emily Blunt being the example) he said he'd been working about 25 years and that definitely shows in the hair cut I got which I love, he was very careful to follow what I wanted and while suggesting certain things (all of which turned out to be really good) basically transformed my hair into what I'd been wanting for ages. Basically I'd really really recommend it, the general experience was wonderful, it is completely one on one because of the size of the salon so I was the only person in there at the time, tea was provided and the music was great. Basically everyone please go and use him, I really want this place to survive! Phone number for booking is 07503473191 (landline hasn't been put in yet) and you get ?5 off your first hair service if you pick up a flyer from outside. Prices are ?27 for a blow dry and then start at ?40 for a wash, cut and blow dry so with the ?5 off are definitely worth it, the whole experience is just great!

Rocks definitely rocks. I had a really good haircut there too - and so did my 8 year-old. Miguel, the guy who runs it, is obviously in his element. I was very sad when Odie and Amanda closed, but a good hairdresser is a great addition to that little parade.

Miguel @ Rocks Hair, new in Grove Lane, has been doing my hair for over 15 years. He has also done my partner's, my daughter's and many of my friends' hair for just as long... He is now local to s and I feel totally blessed.

I couldn't recommend him enough. Give him a try, definitely worth it. And he'll do what you want....

Just wanted to say I had a great haircut from Miguel, he's lovely and he did a really good job, he spent lots of time making sure the cut really worked with my hair type, face shape and personality... Love my new hair, I would definitely recommend rocks hair!

I have just moved to the area and happened to pass by Rocks Hair one day. I liked the look of it - bijou and fresh with only two chairs and one stylist. I needed an 'extreme makeover' having carried out some disastrous home jobs on my hair. Miguel offers a 15 minute personal consultation so, you can discuss with him your requirements. Unlike other hairdressers it's about what you want but, Miguel will offer the best advice.

I walked into Rocks hiding under my hat and left a couple of hours later feeling like a different person! I would really recommend going to see Miguel, and the prices are great compared to other salons in the area. You are given a ?5 discount with the first appointment which is a welcome perk. I will definitely be going back to Rocks to maintain my lovely new hair (and will be leaving the home dye well alone). Rocks 113a Grove Lane 0207 326 5351

• 2 weeks later...

Another happy customer here. Miguel is lovely and a very experienced and versatile hairdresser (tv, hair shows,

post-chemo wig fittings, the lot!) FYI his landline is out until the end of February thanks to a BT fault so the only way to get in touch and book is by mobile: 07503473191.

• 2 weeks later...
On the basis of comments here I am trying him on Friday. I normally go to Kuki's who are fantastic, particularly Shingo but at the moment am stuck for time and as I work around the corner from Rocks Hair will give him a try and comment afterwards. He is having serious problems with BT he was telling me so mobile must still be used.

No idea re pricing but a cut is the same as at Kuki so would expect it to be comparable. Just wanted to add to the positive comments here - had a fantastic haircut at Rocks hair with Miguel. He's a lovely guy who listens to what you want and I couldn't be happier with my haircut. Will definitely be going back.

Another recommendation for Miguel/Rocks Hair. I normally go to Shingo at Kuki (who is also great) but he doesn't work Wednesdays (my day off this week) and was fully booked at the weekend and I really needed my haircut ASAP - it was a mess! Anyhow, Miguel was wonderful, listened to what I wanted, gave me the cut I wanted and recommended several ways of styling it. The cut is fantastic and I'm so pleased with it. It was a bit of a gamble as I went from mid-length hair to short hair but very happy I took the plunge.

In answer to questions above, yes it is Miguel from Kuki and according to the price list I have in front of me it's ?50 for a full head colour.

I had my hair cut by Miguel on Friday as mentioned above. He is quite a character and versatile, creative hairdresser. My normal hairdresser is Shingo at Kuki's and I doubt very much if I would leave him as he is fantastic; however, I might try and share between them. Their pricing system is the same.

• 4 weeks later...
I would like to add another recommendation for Miguel, who did my highlights along with a cut. He really takes the time to listen to what you want but also offers his own ideas and advice. My colour came out really well and I am also very happy with the cut. I will definitely go back.

I am so pleased I spotted this thread. I go to Shingo at Kuki and think he's great. I sent my partner there last year and Miguel cut his hair brilliantly. When he went back to Kuki a few weeks ago a young girl cut his hair and I wasn't so impressed with the results so suggested he asked for Miguel the next time (not knowing that he'd left). Now I know that he's moved and set up his own place we know where to find him. Hurrah!

?40 for a cut and finish Cora, I phoned and asked today :)

I usually go to the excellent Shingo at Kuki Hair, but he is so busy of late, that I can't get an appointment when I am free. I also thought I'd give Rocks a go as it is literally 5 mins away from where I work and the reviews here seem positive.

Archived