Anyone on the 'fast' diet?

I did it for two or three weeks. Thought it was brilliant until I had a funny turn at work and nearly collapsed. Turned out I was having syncopal attacks, possibly triggered by low salt, and was also deficient in various minerals. So whilst the fasting didn't cause these I doubt I am certain it caused me to have a bad reaction. SO I've stopped! I thought I was pretty healthy and ate varied diet etc but if you aren't sure that you're topped up with various vitamins etc I'd be careful.

I'm on my third week of the fast diet. Have found that I find it more mangeable if I save all my calories for an evening meal. I still need cups of tea (with milk) throughout the day along with loads of water....and I have a main meal in the evening of around 400-450 calories. It's getting easier!

Second fast day tomorrow... It's harder than I thought as I have done other diets before where you don't eat at all eg lemonade detox. I think I'm gonna try to not eat until later in the day approach as I made the mistake of eating fruit for breakfast on my first fast day and was then hungry most of the day

I have done 3 fast days so far and agree with other posters that it is easier not to eat for most of the day. Having had a few cups of tea in the day, 400 cals then makes a decent evening meal. I am doing it for the health benefits (but could do with losing a few pounds) so I am trying to have a complete break from eating for almost 24 hours rather than having several small snacks - it seems to suit me but others may have different preferences.

I have found that I feel most hungry early in the day and it tends to subside towards the evening. Early days though!

I've been doing this since the end of November, my husband (who is not remotely overweight but a health fanatic) and two of my children are also doing it, The youngest has lost over a stone, not sure how much weight I've lost but my muffin is no longer a muffin. We're fish eating vegetarians so on a fast day we tend to eat fish with steamed veg and sometimes potatoes, boiled eggs are low in calories as are poached eggs, we skip breakfast and lunch and have dinner earlier to compensate. We drink lots and lots of water, espresso and herbal teas throughout the day. Usually not too difficult though the extreme weather over the past few days has made it hard, my body seems to need doughnuts! Another good thing, my daughter's skin is looking beautiful, almost spot free and she has loads of energy too.

First fast day yesterday. I found the day fine as busy at work. I found early evening hard 5-8 and then was ok again. I agree with trying to eat as little as possible till the end of the day and saving 400 calories at least for supper. I also ended up asleep earlier as I felt worn out!

Second fast day here - going ok so far. I did the opposite on the first time, ate little meals throughout the day and was really hungry mid-morning till late afternoon, because I had kept 350cals for the evening - then I didn't feel I needed them. Seems everyone is different, will eat more during the day to see how it goes... It did feel lovely to eat the next day, though :)

mx

Hmmm had my hospital appointment and weight was 1kg UP from my Wii weight few days back. Unlikely I put 1 kilo in few days & was on my period which can add some weight (through water retention) or the Wii is simply not as accurate as the ?12K machine they have at Kings. Will weigh myself in few days.

Bit of a disappointment, but I have been eating a lot of baked goods recently (baked cinnamon rolls today). What's interesting is that at my last check up 6 months ago I was ideal weight (55.3 kilos) and now am 58.5 kilos which is still not classed as overweight but definitely not the ideal. What is even more of an eye opener is that those kilos I put on are in fat (the machine measures everything) which means not only did I put weight ON, I lost muscle mass through not exercising as regularly. The lady at Kings said if I kept the extra 3 kilos on but converted them to muscle that would be perfect.

So now I have a goal which is quite motivating. I went for two runs over weekend and will try to run in the evenings again - problem is am completely wiped after a day at the office. Fast days Tuesday and Thursday I think. I find it easier to buy a pre-packed salad at M&S for 200 calories and eat a small dinner at home. I do hate the weighing and calorie counting...

In a past life I included very short sessions using body weight in my daily routine: squats / sit-ups/ press-ups, that type of thing, before breakfast and again in the evening, just 15 min each time. It did really help on the toning front and to maintain muscle mass. Needless to say that I haven't managed to fit any of this in since LO arrived, and I only have one, but the theory is good...

Have successfully managed 3rd fasting day, and find I do best if I consume most calories in stages between 12-6 in regular intervals-don't seem to miss the evening meal...now just have to stop compensating on the other days and start exercising tomorrow!

Well it is different diet ,although similar its called lemon detox diet( so main purpose is cleansing and weight loss is a bonus).I think it should be easier as you drink Medal Bal( type of maple syrup ,but less process than one in shops..and much more expensive).YOu can try beginners fast for 5-7 days twice a year or more relax on where you supplement and have a drink instead of meal.I would start that next months,if anyone tries that earlier ,please advice,but results should be good weight wise,skin and general well being.

How is everyone doing? Any amazing stories of success... please?

Had my 5th fast day today, I think I went slightly (15cal) over the 500 cals - but I really needed that banana! Weightloss seems to be happening, slowly so far but only started exercising last week. Although the fast days are a bit of a pain (I don't normally obsess about food that much), I do really enjoy healthy food the next day, and am starting to eat better overall... hope all is good

mx

I think the first couple of times you do it, it's rough. Remember to keep drinking though and I find it much harder if I don't allow myself a tea or coffee. Strangely, there are evenings where I think I'm going to be desperate for breakfast and then I get up, cycle to work and still don't feel hungry. Odd!

My mum has been doing this since last August (when the Horizon show was on) aside from breaks for a holiday and for Christmas. She's lost 16lbs in total, her cholesterol level has improved and her GP has now decided to join her after seeing her results!

am in the middle of week 3 and have lost 6lbs (sometimes more but seems steady around 6lb loss). Am exercising more (not every day) and finding the fast days ok. Plenty of tea and water. No breakfast, soup lunch, mostly veg for dinner (had a turkey stir fry last night with a stock/soy/rice vinegar / ginger / chilli sauce).

Finding it easier and less annoying and obsessive than calorie counting and am really enjoying the taste of food a c be oming reacquainted with my appetite.