Anyone on the 'fast' diet?

Second week and third day of fasting today. The second day was definitely easier than the first.

Lost 3lb last week, just fasting and not really exercising (other than usual walking and a swim on Sunday morning). Quite pleased.

I've been fast-dieting for 4 weeks now, lost 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks (again despite complete blow out at weekend - wine, fry-up, roast, desert - the lot!) but last week (week 3) had actually put 2 pounds back on again and nearly gave up. However, I thought I'd persevere and today tried on some work trousers I haven't worn since pre-Christmas and they are amazingly loose! I think the thing with this diet is it's inches rather than pounds, I have been running again a couple of times a week and know the old muscle weights more than fat thing but running has never stopped me losing pounds in the past. Anyway, my faith is restored again now - so much that I'm going to fast tomorrow on Valentines Day (and have a lovely guilt-free meal and bottle of wine friday instead!)

I made a big mistake by having my second fast day today rather than tomorrow, the school moved the cake sale from tomorrow to today, which would have been ok but then I decided to make cheesy roast veg for the kids and I was so cold... And they smelled so good....

Oh well, I made it most of the day!

Well I dont do that every day obviously! Taking a break from eating for a day is not supposed to be bad - hence the fast/5:2 diet.

As for the healthy diet everyday - I eat healthily but I won't give up on the extra naughty stuff (see my blog for clarification)

I am an all or nothing person anyway. I would rather know I am not eating anything indulgent (or much of anything at all) two days a week than forever watching what I eat (which works really well - I know. But it is pretty joyless)

I'm with SG on this one

I eat healthily but I put on weight if I even look at a bit of cake

So if this 5:2 works then I can eat cake in moderation and still maintain a healthy weight.

I don't think I can do not eating all day - I spread my calories out. I might try it though.

Who is the troll? Not me I hope.

I reckon I have cracked the fast days.

1 alpen bar, 1 pot skinny soup shared for lunch/dinner, and I feel fine. Empty but not hungry. Also need to drink large glass of water first thing and then keep sipping.

And black coffee in morning, and then tea.

Have spare cals for berries later. Yum!

ive tried slim rice,its ok,its just a more expensive version of shirataki noodles really,which are great to fill up on with very few calories but their very chewy to say the least!but if you can stomach them they are great to help with weight loss,they helped me anyway especially with the 5:2 diet.

I'm on my 5th week of the 5/2 fasting diet.

No weight loss as such but people have started saying I look slimmer (?)

I was thinking of giving up but I plan to continue to the end of March and then decide.

For me it is definitely easier - and supposedly better for health benefits - to fast for 24 hours and save all the calorie allowance for dinner. Trouble is I seem to make sure some of those calories are wine *snigger* - would probably be better if they weren't!

I usually have a coffee in the morning (have to or headache) then nothing until dinner where I have some fish and veg.

It has definitely got easier the longer I have done it.

I think measuring your waist is a good indication of fat loss when you aren't losing weight - might be worth doing a quick measurement?

If you ar pe feeling motivated do your waist, hips, bust, thighs and upper arm.

Hi womanofdulwich, I've had a few. Usually down to not drinking enough water ( I now drink loads on a fast day) or in my case also not having any caffeine! I now make sure there's enough calories for tea and coffee throughout the day.

yes I got terrible headaches at first - not so much anymore. Apart from not drinking enough water I think I had sugar withdrawal!

Have finally bought some proper scales and according to the reading I have lost over 1 1/2 kg (since my hospital weigh in) which seems like a lot! I also find the fasting days much easier (possible because i have so much work on to distract me).