Quiet room...

Huguenot

Dear DM ,Love to pop in and take tea with you but much as I admire the Northern music scene I can not in all honesty share your devotion to Take That. I hear that the gardening section of the Times is good though. What do you think ?

I am however going to nip to Alleyns Garden centre tomorrow first thing to pick up a plant I ordered. I'll keep an eye out for you and your Gary Barlow special edition.

PS. How many times has your mum been to church this week? My mum been at least 3 already. She is coming here on (Maundy) Thursday and so I have to overcome my natural loathing of Fr O 'C and check out Good Friday services at St Thomas More.......should I wear a hat or a hair shirt?

Darling Clare,

I shall be there too! Hair shirt in place, ever at the beck and call of the legendry Fr O'Connor. My mother is going to 7.30 am mass every morning during lent.

I Live a hop and a skip from the garden centre you discuss, but sadly shall be at work - grateful to escape the mayhem that is parenting!

OHMYGOD!!!

That was the noise I heard ringing in my ears when I told my mother I intended to marry 'a Protestant'! It has taken over seven years for the penny to drop - but I was wondering why that bloomin chuck was carrying on so much in the garden on what should have been anotherwise peaceful morning!

Enters quiet room with enormous home made carrot cake. Takes enormous knife (Japanese folded steel Global) from bag, looks around for Mr Mikewbate, begins chopping.

Wraps enormous piece of cake in some tin foil for Mr Keef to take to his lovely fiancee, and also puts a big piece on a plate for him by his favourite chair. Cuts slices for Mr CrystalClear, Mr Mockney Piers, Mr Huguenot, Mr Chartwell, Clare and Scruffy Mummy. Looks around to see if Kathryn is in the lounge. Wonders if she has given up cake for Lent...

Puts slice of cake in a bowl by handbag, sits and waits for Mr Batdog - as usual. Remembers Mr Batdogs affections are no longer forthcoming, slumps in aubergine velvet armchair and lies face down in large slice of carrot cake...

Ana arrives carrying tray of Starbucks Latte.

*Enters room and waves to Dulwichmum*

*Walks over to Lazyboy, and eyes widen at sight of Crank's recipe carrot cake!!!! Considers eating both pieces, but fears wrath of Mrs Keef, so decides it best to share :( *

*Sits down and enjoys cake and a hot chocolate whilst telling DM (very quietly) that Crystal won't be around for a while, as the long weekend for easter obviously wasn't enough for him, so he worked yesterday, and is now of till Friday next week giving him a 10 day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*Agrees with DM's incredulous look... Decides it best not to mention 7 day weekend booked off from own job.....* ;-)

*Suspects that what with fish finger sandwiches and carrot cake, lazyboy must be straining to take extra weight put on since quiet room opened* *Nips outside and swims 50 lengths of pool even though it's meant to be women only at the moment* *sniggers to self* *Relaxes in hammock*

*Walks in with spring in step, thinking "this weekend is going to be cool*

*Looks around quiet room, and wonders if it has lost it's appeal*

*Walks over to gym corner and starts thorough workout so as to prepare body for abuse it's going to suffer over the next few days*

*After 2 minutes, decides it's best to prepare body in a different way...... Walks to bar and poors pint of Grolsch* :)-D

*Whispers to Bagpuss "I got a voice message from him this morning, sent about 1am.... Couldn't really understand a word he said*

*Thinks to self "thank God I didn't go out last night, there's plenty of time for all that*

Staggers into lounge wearing large pair of new Prada sunglasses.

Head pounding - sits on stool of repentance, as broke Lenten fast yesterday. Opens handbag to look for small container of Andrews Liver Salts, instead finds 3 champagne bottles, a small doggies jacket and an old cabbage.

Groans out loud as stool of repentance is very hard indeed. Longs for a latte