Quiet room...

Huguenot

*Ambles in after a long absence. Waves to all and sundry and sinks into fave chair with a Vente Latte from Starbucks*

*Having not had the opportunity to look properly at the forum for a week or so, I couldnt help noticing that it seems to have grown like Topsy - So may new names posting and a whole branch of the WI has sprung up. Must be the lovely Spring weather*

*Greetings to the old stagers and newbies one and all*

Drags in a shopping trolley LOADED with more champers. Gets Mikewbate to help set up the pyramid of glasses and starts pouring. Hands round a plate of Ant's Muffings? and toasts to NEW JOB!! Lies down in hammock feeling very very pleased. Oh and thinks, well done Liverpool (for those who like that sort of thing).

*raises a glass of bubbly to toast Polly D's success*

*when typing Polly D's new name finds self wanting to say things like 'west siiiiide, yeeeeah, bwaaaa' and making those strange hand-gestures so beloved of da kidz*

*Wakes up face down on floor.... tequilla, why tequilla?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?*

*Hears Polly's news and attemps to smile in her direction, but think it probably looks rather more like a grimace :-S *

*Looks around for orange juice....... Please God orange juice!!!!!!*

*Thinks to self "It is very quiet on the forum today.... Maybe everyone is having to do work.... I hate having to do work, especially when I feel like a rhino has trampled on my head!!!"*

Wonderful news PollyD! Raises glass and blows a kiss.

Looks suspiciously at Mr Mikewbate - Ana is going out tonight. She is tall and blonde, and wearing her fav black footless tights and gold glitter strapless top - shame on her!

Oh to be young....

drink drink drink again, raise your glass higherrrrr!!!

Congrats to Polly D on the job - which part of town you cycling to now?

Congrats to Keef and Mark - I have never know so many neutrals be on the Reds side

Welcomes back Mike to these parts

Wonders if Nero REALLY hasn't been here before - not sure I can be faffed to check 20+ pages

*Opens eyes saucer wide, raises eyebrows, saying to Sean "honest, I've never been to the Quiet Room before"*

*Wonders who will come after Godwin and Fisk in a parallel thread*

*Drinks virtual Boddies*

Nero

Thank you kind chaps and chapesses for your congratulations (once again!).

Mike - I fear you may be right. I shall have to be diligent at the beginning at least.

Sean - I can do the same route up until Kennington and then s**t my pants as I navigate Vauxhall station - is it called Vauxhall interchange maybe? I once cycled round it acidentally and it was sooooo scary - I amlost felt like closing my eyes and seeing what would happen.

Realizes has talked too much in the Quiet Room - goes back to sleep in the hammock for the duration of notice period.

** and lo, Polly's sleep for 24 hours affected not just her but everyone in the vicinity **

So it falls to me to wheel that huge Rank gong into the room, take my top off, shave my head and give a great big.. well, whatever it is you do to a gong that big. I know Marc Bolan suggested banging a gong, but bang is too small a word for this one. Aaaaanyway *

Everyone awake yet? Good. Tis the weekend so get gamboling people

*leaps out of skin almost literally, falls back down to earth lokoing crumpled, sleepy and not a bit nonplussed*

*dusts self down* -phut phut- *thinks aye, tis true*

*cracks open a cold cold sol, pops a lime in the top like some tragic eighties throwback in red braces*

-aaahhhhhhhhhhh-

*Comes zooming in to room on water slide (that was fitted when no one was looking)*

*Spins around on spot like a LoonyToons Tazmanian Devil, and is instantly dry*

*Pours cold Grolsch, clinks glass with Mockney's bottle and takes a big gulp*

*writes on piece of paper and holds up in the air*

'CAN SOMEONE PASS ME A BEER WITH A STRAW.. PLEASE*

*writes on another piece of paper*

'KEEF CAN I HAVE A DRAG OF YOU FAG, I HAVEN'T SMOKED IN NEARLY A WEEK'

*doesn't want to speak because when she does coughing fit ensues*