Boris Johnson: a genuine concern...

bignumber5

bignumber5 Wrote:

> *Removing bendies: reactionary bollocks.

I disagree about these buses - they are too long for London roads, and bus drivers are among the worst behaved drivers on the road, driving like maniacs from stop to stop. Putting them in charge of an articulated vehicle 15 metres long is a bad idea.

We all know that many cyclists run red lights - but plenty don't, including me (and I'm not quite sure what it's got to do with bendy buses, other than that every time transport issues are mentioned on a public forum, people start ranting about bicycles going through red lights) - I hope you're equally contemptuous of motorcyclists' illegal occupation of advanced stop boxes - nothing makes me want to jump a red light more than arriving in an advanced stop box to find it full of filthy polluting motorbikes.

Bendy bus drivers often overtake cyclists as they approach a bus stop, thus crushing the cyclist against the kerb. This has happened to me on a couple of occasions.

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For me the issue can be simplified slightly.

>

> Imagine the scenario, that hopefully will never happen. A major terrorist attack occurs in central London. Hundreds, if not thousands are dead. Widespread panic.

>

> Who would you want to see stepping through the smoke and rubble to try and bring the city back from the brink,

This has reminded me so much of Hilary Clinton's recent radio ad...

*Puts on deep American action movie trailer voice*

"While you sleep safely in your bed, there's a phone ringing somewhere... Blah blah blah... who do you want on the end of that line?" :-S

Just to add my 2p, I agree with Mike. Borris is a knob, that's obvious, and I won't be voting for him. However, I absolutely hate Ken, I really really do, and even if I agreed with ALL of his polocies (which I don't), I couldn't vote for the slimey jumped up little c**t!!!

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of good resources (like the factcheck.org which keeps a track of US Presidential races) to allow the undecideds (like me) to make their minds up. Every discussion seems to be hugely polarised. I don't like Ken but I don't have any faith in Boris. I will probably vote for Paddick but I am also sure that it's my second choice which will be the one which winds up counting. And I have no idea who to give it to.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry that nobody from outside mainstream party politics has raised their hands and shown themselves to be a credible candidate. That surely gives a very poor message on the value placed on a contribution to British public life and London generally.

Alan Dale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> But TT, he's Big Sean MacGabhann. Just, fair and

> impartial. Caring and concerned. Considered and

> courteous. Hates Americans though.

LOL

> I was calling Keef a numpty because he called my

> mate Ken a see you next Tuesday. It's not the

> first time he's been called a numpty by any

> means.

And probably won't be the last, but I'll live with it.