Going to the cinema with a baby - etiquette

CharDale

I'm a first time mum and would like to go to one of peckham multiplex's 'watch with baby' screenings.

I was just wondering what the etiquette with those was? Do you leave the auditorium if your baby starts crying/screaming and go back in once they've stopped? Or is a little crying ok but screaming not?

Any advice welcome!

I haven't been to Peckham Plex but I have been to the Big Scream at Brixton Ritzy's.

I found that just taking my little one to the back of the auditorium where I could easily stand and do the requisite swaying and rocking did the trick so that I could then go and sit back down.

Definitely go - I wish I'd gone more in the early days when Hamish slept for ever!

x

Thinking about it you could right, though I never seem to recall having trouble hearing even over the babies screams

antantant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought the volume was lower than normal to

> protect the babies ears?

I went a lot and remember hardly any crying at all... Lots of rocking/slinging at the back and obviously some background noise which I totally tuned out, but genuinely seemed to relax the babies one way or the other when I was there. Happy days indeed and sad I won't be able to do it with number two!

I used to put down a blanket in the aisle and sit on the floor. I suppose it wasn't very fire safe friendly, but no one seemed to care and I would spread out maybe toys/spit cloths on it and snacks/tea for me. Yes, it went in the wash straight after :)

At the Plex you cannot go in unless you are with your child so anyone you may feel you are disturbing are in the same boat as you. Go and have fun, I miss it and wish I had gone more.

totally no etiquette - the whole point is that you can try and watch a film with baby without thinking twice about your baby crying/pooing/cooing etc, because everyone else there is doing the same. You might not take in the whole film but at least you'll feel like you're out the house doing something adult! enjoy x