> queue

> > of 15+ cars which is blocking the road badly

>

>

> Still blocking the road when I walked past at 4ish

> today. Selfish beyond belief to pull over knowing

> full well they're blocking the route for other

> cars, plus it's a busy bus route.

I drove my husband to hospital on Saturday - while he was having a heart attack - and we had to wait to pass by the queue of traffic. It was stressful but I didn't think people were selfish. You don't know the reasons why people need that petrol and I "selfishly" queued there on Tuesday morning so I had fuel in the car to bring my husband back home from hospital.

We managed to get petrol this morning at Morrisons. As mentioned above, the staff were fair and organised and a chap who attempted to queue jump and refused to budge only moved and joined the end of the queue, when they told him he would be refused petrol at the pumps.

Anyhow we were there around about an hour. We did try the two garages by Goose Green before heading to Morrisons and both had "no petrol" signs up.

Good luck - I keep thinking of the original Mad Max film.

It does seem to be the case that getting there early helps. I got to the BP in Forest Hill (thanks Dave for the tip) by just after 8 and it took about 15 mins but by the time I left it had got a lot more chaotic and the queue was much longer. The Shell at the top of Sydenham Hill on the way to Crystal Palace was also open this morning.

Morrisons peckham Tesco and asda old Kent road all have petrol no ques.. wife filling up in morrisons.. work colleague asda myself in Tesco's in and out within 4 minutes... petrol station east dulwich road very busy long ques no limits at morrisons or Tesco not sure about asda

I'm loving the viral videos going around of Americans when they had a "gas" crisis

The one with the lady filling plastic bags then putting them in her boot is only surpassed by the guy filling a tarpaulin in the back of his pickup for stupidity.

Thank the stars that we are more sensible and only create a crisis by panicking over a minor initial disruption at a few petrol stations 🤔

If everyone stopped panicking and filled up only when they needed to (like normal) this thread wouldn't even exist 😃

Good news, if everyone just buys normally there won't be a shortage. Nothing changed with distribution or supply from this time last week.

Just the panic buying...

spoiltdog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Grove vale,service station open for fuel 5 minute

> wait at 6am this morning unlimited no cap on how

> much

but buying normally has led to us having zero fuel, spending hours phoning / monitoring internet to see where fuel is and extremely stressful trips with tank empty to try and get some petrol. feels like I've lost out by being sensible ?

Yep - before the "panic" there was much less fuel than normal in petrol stations.

BP told the Govt 2x weeks ago situation "is bad, very bad"

Govt did nothing then it leaked out and people unsurprisingly bought fuel while they could...

Interestingly people blame the media but when I filled up before the news came out last week, a woman opposite me was already panic buying because someone had warned her.