Painter, builder recommended

D

I asked Berdec for a quote twice. They said they'd give me one and were interested in doing the work. I'm still waiting. Frustrated at having my time wasted by someone who's obviously unreliable. It is disappointing that they could not even afford me the basic courtesy of telling me they were no longer interested in doing the work. In short, my recommendation is that you save your time and use someone else.

• 4 months later...

Another recommendation for Dave. We have now used him twice. Once for the outside of the house and now for crack repairs and decoration inside the house. All his team have been nice, tidy and pleasant. PAt and Sue were fab. You also get to see Dave too which I find sometimes doesnt happen with other people once they've done the initial quote.

The great thing is they are thorough and also spot other things around the house as they go and often help out with old snagging bits - putting a screw in here or there (that wasn't part of the initial job). Basically they are nice good guys.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to share my experience of Berdec and Dave's team also. They were refreshingly different and did a superb job at our flat.

I had the pleasure of Pat working on various bits and pieces of decorating for a week. He was neat, conscientious, communicative and very particular about the details, all of which I appreciate, and that is very different from the rubbish I've put up with from so called decorators in the past. I was impressed by all of the prep work that was undertaken pre painting as it showed that Pat himself derives a great deal of satisfaction from doing the job well.

It wasn't the cheapest quote we had but it was a fair price for doing the job properly because they take time and work to a high standard.

Dave is customer centric. While he is straight talking, he also listens and is responsive to your needs and eventhough he is not on site, he did check in during the week and came to review it at the end, to make sure we were happy with everything.

I've already recommended Berdec and Pat to Friends and am very happy to recommend them to the forum at large, we'll certainly be working with them again.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry if you have had a problem. But you should have called me first so I had the chance come round and have a look and put right before putting a comment on here .

I do use Sandtex paint which is high quality but if there is a little dampness in the timber it may after a while peel .

I'm still happy to come and look at the problem please call me 07956688622

Dave

If you re-read my message Dave you will see that I said the paint was peeling after 1.5yrs but that we are now 3 yrs on and are finally getting round to re-doing it. I am happy to talk it through if you want, but to be fair, you shouldn't have to redo the house even after three years if it was prepped and undercoated properly. Its not just the timber either, the stone bay window sill has completely peeled. Fair enough, I give you credit for offering to talk this through. Let me know if you want to come and have a look.

As now arranged I will be over Saturday. Morning to look but still find it strange that you say it happened a year and half ago and and your only now putting a comment on .I'm sure if there was a small problem then it has now got worse as left for so much longer

See you saturday

• 2 weeks later...
I am happy to say that Dave was true to his word and came round and re-did parts of the job that were peeling, free of charge. It all now looks brand new, so thank-you Dave (and Sue). Not many contractors would do that so I tip my hat to you.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Dave Franklin won't let you down. His team is friendly and his prices competitive. But moreover the finished projects are of good quality. We've just had the outside of our house done and Dave went above and beyond to restore the masonry and fit new wooden bits attached to the roof.

They came back to finish off the job as agreed once scaffolds were gone.

Overall an excellent job and would highly recommend Dave Franklin / Berdec company.

• 1 month later...
I contacted Dave based on recommendations here and his guys have just finished some internal and external painting for me. Work was to a good standard, done efficiently and with a minimum of fuss. Would use them again.

• 2 months later...
Dave's team at Berdec Decorators have done a great job on the external works on our block of flats on Upper Brockley Road too. Keith and co were friendly and punctual when we were around to greet them and Dave was prompt at responding to communications by phone. Their work is very neat, they even did things like square the windowsills and dig up a tree root that was making our front patio a trip hazard - things that weren't necessarily expected of them. Berdec's price was also very reasonable against the other 2 quotes our managing agents received for the works. Would definitely get them to do work for us again and recommend to others. He also worked with Lee at WD scaffolding who were friendly and professional. His contact is 07956688622 / [email protected]. Cheers, Bill

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to add to these messages - Dave and his team have just finshed work on our flat and we?re delighted with the results. We had a short time frame because we had new tenants moving in, so Dave and his team worked over the weekend to get it ready (sat and Sunday). Dave also spotted some work we needed doing so was able to call in a roofer last minute to help. This is the 4th time we?ve worked with Dave and I would definitely recommend him and his team - consistently high standards at very good prices. Thanks Dave

His contact is 07956688622 / [email protected].

Amy