Stabbing on Shawbury Rd

Apparently there was a stabbing on Shawbury Rd yesterday afternoon, anyone know what happened is the person ok. Police were all over Lytcott Grove searching for suspects. They said they were looking for a black guy and a tubby white guy.

I passed there on the bus last night at approx 7pm. Police had cordoned off part of the road and there was a sniffer dog & police search underway. I saw a man (victim?) with a bandage on his chin area speaking to police.

There was a man taken away (walking wounded) in an ambulance and the garage area between the locksmith and temple was taped off so the police photographer could take photos of the ground there (which he was doing as I walked by) without anyone walking all over it.

police have this-

Police in Southwark are appealing for information following a robbery at Shawbury Road, SE22 on Thursday 14 March.

On Thursday 14 March at around 17:30hrs the 48 year old male victim was walking towards Shawbury Road after visiting shops on Lordship Lane, SE22. As he turned right into Shawbury Road, he was approached from behind by the suspect who snatched a gold chain from his neck. There was a short struggle in which the victim was stabbed four times. The suspect then ran off back in the direction of Lordship Lane, SE22.

The victim was taken to a south London hospital by London Ambulance Service, but has since been discharged. The injuries are described as non life changing or life threatening.

The suspect is described as a slim built black male, approx F507 tall and aged late teens to early 20s. He was wearing a black puffa jacket, black trousers and black shoes. He also had a black baseball cap with a white peak and white pattern on the front.

Did you witness the robbery? If you saw anything suspicious in the area at the time or have any information about the suspects please contact DS Hoddinott at Southwark police on 020 7232 6231 or speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

"Any stabbing is concerning, one so local is even more of a concern. I hope the police will increase there presence and they reconsider keeping ED Police Station open."

Yes but if it's a 1-2-1 ongoing issue between a couple of guys the general public are not so at risk because its targeted/specific, rather than someone roaming around looking for victims.

Hardly a day goes by when you don't here someone has been attacked, robbed , mugged...

Without the Local Police Staion these incidents are less likely to be reported...

People are not going to go to Peckham to report such a crime..

But this does help with the Police Stats on Solved/Unsolved crimes..

Fox.

Are you sure these are the same incident? I ask because you and James make reference to a couple of criminals while that police report suggests only one attacker. Either way, it?s pretty awful. I'm glad he's not too seriously hurt but being mugged and stabbed has got to be terribly traumatizing psychologically. I?ll certainly be more cautious late at night.

I'd probably phone 999/get 999 phoned rather than go to a police station near or otherwise!

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hardly a day goes by when you don't here someone

> has been attacked, robbed , mugged...

>

> Without the Local Police Staion these incidents

> are less likely to be reported...

> People are not going to go to Peckham to report

> such a crime..

>

> But this does help with the Police Stats on

> Solved/Unsolved crimes..

>

> Fox.

Many Teenagers carry a Knife..

They Know that if they are stopped my the Police and caught with a knife nothing is likely to come of it.

Even if the Police Procecute there are too many Social Workers out there to 'Put in a Good Word'

Sentences are ridiculous.. a few hours community service.. Tap on the wrist is now 'Assault'

If you carry a Knife you should expect to be Banged up...

Not rewarded with some Motor Mechanics course or the like...

Good kids don't get those kinds of oppotunities..

We will never rid the streets of knives and our kids will end up seriously hurt or worse if

do not take a more serious attitude to knife crime..

... And deal with it.

Fox

I was in Homerton 3 weeks ago and as I walked on to the main street pavement from Brooksby's Walk, by the church, a bloke walking towards me somehow got my senses buzzing, the way he looked/at me I guess. As he neared me I moved to the side slightly just as he swung at me (missed) and I thought I saw a blade though couldn't be sure. I just carried-on walking so as not to provoke a chase, but ready to scarper. 2 secs later I hear this swish/ripping sound, he's made a metre-long slit in a huge canvas banner hanging on the church railings - it's still there (I go every week).

Cheek of it.

I'd be up for blade carriers being banged-up straight away, but the prisons just cannot cope so that'll never happen.

KidKruger Wrote:

> I'd be up for blade carriers being banged-up

> straight away, but the prisons just cannot cope so

> that'll never happen.

The Prisons cannot cope because many of the people there should not be there...

People who cannot pay their Council Tax.. or default on some other payment.. Parking Fines...

So.. Knife carriers go free..

Fox.

KidKruger Wrote:

> I was in Homerton 3 weeks ago and as I walked on

> to the main street pavement from Brooksby's Walk,

> by the church, a bloke walking towards me somehow

> got my senses buzzing, the way he looked/at me I

> guess. As he neared me I moved to the side

> slightly just as he swung at me (missed) and I

> thought I saw a blade though couldn't be sure. I

> just carried-on walking so as not to provoke a

> chase, but ready to scarper. 2 secs later I hear

> this swish/ripping sound, he's made a metre-long

> slit in a huge canvas banner hanging on the church

> railings - it's still there (I go every week).

> Cheek of it.

> I'd be up for blade carriers being banged-up

> straight away, but the prisons just cannot cope so

> that'll never happen.

I went up there for the first time a few weeks ago. Chatsworth Road is like a dystopian Lordship Lane.

"Many Teenagers carry a Knife..

They Know that if they are stopped my the Police and caught with a knife nothing is likely to come of it.

Even if the Police Procecute there are too many Social Workers out there to 'Put in a Good Word'

Sentences are ridiculous.. a few hours community service.. Tap on the wrist is now 'Assault'

If you carry a Knife you should expect to be Banged up...

Not rewarded with some Motor Mechanics course or the like...

Good kids don't get those kinds of oppotunities..

We will never rid the streets of knives and our kids will end up seriously hurt or worse if

do not take a more serious attitude to knife crime.. "

there are some stats:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/statistics/criminal-justice-stats/knife-possession-stats/knife-possession-bulletin-q4-2012.pdf