> been labelled against their wishes.

> I certainly haven't held a gun to anyones head to

> comply with the wearing of them.

> I thought for the couple of hours which we are

> together it might help us all to remember more

> names and faces of people.

> If the consensus of opinion is to scratch the use

> of name tags, I will immediately stop this

> potentially, unseemly obnoxious practice.

I like them - (keep up the good work Steve) - and found them really useful when I went last time.

annaj wrote:-I just noticed in the pictures I'm the only person who still had mine on and it looks a bit dorky!

I see that it was because you were different and embarassed caught wearing your name tag.

The only ones concerned about the tags are obviously guilty men, the more 'shifty' end, head below the parapet, the middle class hoodie, portion of the forumista's.

It is a pleasure to deal with a straight and honest woman who is not threatened about her name tag and who wears it unconcernedly knowing it does not matter if found and printed in the police gazette.

Wear it with pride annaj;-)

With regards the name tags, they're useless for me, as my eye sight is so naff I'd look like I was just staring at people's chests if I was trying to read the names, so I stick to saying hello, or getting overwhelmed and spending the night outside smoking (like last time).

All men stare at chests Keef, at least you'd have an excuse ;-)

*awaits storm of righteously indignant men protesting their innocence*

By the way, isn't 9th May the second Friday of the month, so due to be an open mic night. Don't want to put a spanner in the works or anything, but did realise that the other night.

Actually you would normally be spot on, but they've booked us for the 16th next month instead for some reason... Also, on the 31st May, the full 7 piece band with brass section will be hitting the Plough, but that's another matter, and I'll put a thread in the whats on section.

annaj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> All men stare at chests Keef, at least you'd have an excuse ;-)

>

> *awaits storm of righteously indignant men protesting their innocence*

Nope, some things are just true, and denial is pointless! :-$

annaj Wrote:

> All men stare at chests Keef, at least you'd have an excuse

>

> *awaits storm of righteously indignant men protesting their innocence*

Nope. I doubt any men will contest you on that.

anyway what is this about open mic night? I thought the drinks were going to be at the Mag.

Brendan Wrote:

> anyway what is this about open mic night? I thought the drinks were going to be at the Mag.

It is, Anna was just saying I might have been double booked, as usually we do the Plough on the second Friday, but happily it's not the case this time so I'll be in the Mag having a beverage or 10 :)-D

The drinks are at the Mag.

I just wanted to check that the two weren't going to clash forcing us to make difficult decisions.

Jah, women do stare, MrJ's bottom was one of the first things I noticed about him, but not quite in the same way I don't think. I wouldn't look at the bottom of a man I didn't fancy or who was a friend, but men (in my experience) can't help staring at any breasts they encounter.

I've always said there are two types of men; men who stare and eclipse men. Men who stare is pretty self explanatory. Eclipse men are those who treat the breasts like an eclipse and never look directly at them, and so employ a glance and look away technique. I don't mind eclipse men, some of my best friends are eclipse men, the way I see it having the courtesy to pretend not to look is a mark of respect.

But don't take any of this too seriously, the original comment was a joke - put a winky face on and everything.