Music Room *It's fully soundproofed*

mockney piers

Citizens of ED - here is some gig info:

Depeche Mode doing one UK gig next year - it's at the O2 in May. There's a pre-sale this Thursday morning at www.livenation.co.uk - if you're interested please register at livenation now, don't wait until Thursday morning to do it as the site will be busy. Alternatively, O2 is doing it's own presale so if you're an O2 customer then text "Mode" to 2402.

The Killers are also doing a couple of O2 dates in Feb. There's a presale tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 9.00am but I don't have the link yet. It's a bit of a strange pre-sale though and it might be that I can't share the link. If you've got an O2 phone then try texting "Killers" to 2402 for an O2 presale code. The O2 presale is on Thursday morning.

The Killers haven't really worked for me up until now but the new vinyl is sounding good.

A word about seats at the O2 - go for Arena Floor or Level One seats. Don't even think about buying Level Four seats - seriously; don't. Nosebleed doesn't even begin to cover how high-up and far away from the stage you will be. If you stay home and listen to a CD on a very cheap CD player, put a photo of the band at the bottom of your garden so that you can just about see it from the house, then get your partner to overcharge you for a pint of lager, then that will give you the O2 Level Four experience.

Bands for the Little Noise Acoustic Sessions have been announced - http://www.mencapmusic.org.uk/ - the tickets are expensive but all the money goes to charity. Tickets aren't on sale yet but you need to pre-register in order to buy and once registration closes you're stuck. The venue is the Union Chapel in Highbury, North London and it's a really special place. Great gigs at a great venue - for charity.

Finally, Eddie Izzard is doing some London gigs in Nov/Dec. I know that Eddie doesn't really belong in the music room but I think he totally rocks and I'm in love with Eddie so there you are. Shoot me. Tickets went on sale on Friday and all the agents have sold out BUT if you go direct to the venue (Lyric Theatre on Shaftesbury Avenue), they still have tickets left and you won't have to pay booking fees. Tickets are really expensive but I sort of forgive Eddie because (a) he's been doing tiny warm-up gigs for this tour for years and charging just ?10 for a seat; and (b) he's hot.

Here is the Killers pre-sale link for Wednesday

http://www.gigsandtours.com/thekillers/

EDITED - Really sorry guys - the above link doesn't work - it only works for the person who it was originally sent to (me). There is an 02 pre-sale tomorrow so if you're on the O2 network then text "Killers" to 2402 and you'll get a pre-sale code. If you're not with O2 then find someone who is and send the text from their phone!

So what's the secret to getting lucky with buying tickets? I'd like to see the Killers but every time I've ever tried I spend 1/2hr with phone in one hand calling continually to get "Sorry all our lines are busy, call later" and other hand taping away online whilst getting endless "Server too busy" messages. Finally I'll get through...how come? Because it's sold out. Grrr.

THE KILLERS - if anyone is online tonight and wants tickets for The Killers at 02 Arena on 23/24 Feb then PM me right now. The seats that I can get are in the lower blocks 103 and 110 - same blocks for both nights. 103 and 110 are NOT the best blocks but they are lower blocks so you won't be in the gods. You might want to check the Ticketmaster seating plan first if you are interested. You might do better if you wait until tomorrow morning for the on-sale but the tickets will go very fast tomorrow so it's a gamble.

I can't send you the pre sale link I have because I've already posted it on here (see above) and it doesn't work for anyone but the person it was meant for (me). Apparently if I give you my log in information for the website I'm using to get the Killers link you can log in as me and the pre-sale link will work for you. I don't want to post that info on a public site but can PM it to anyone who is interested. You can buy up to 4 tickets (no more please, or your booking will be cancelled) You can log into the website as me, the link will work, and you can buy your own tickets tonight.

I am not sure if this is the right place for this sort of post, apologies but I couldn't find the 'Great gigs' thread when I searched...

I went to the Roundhouse last night to see Elbow, and had a fantastic time. This venue has extremely good sound and I would strongly recommend it. Customer services are excellent, my friend managed to loose our tickets but these were quickly replaced on the day without any fuss, the cloakroom is well run and we didnt have to queue to drop off or reclaim coats, bar and toilet facilities are very good too.

It also helped that the band put on a stunning performance last night.

I've seen worse crimes Gerrard, you looked that's the main thing ;)

Here's the thread.

Gad you enjoyed it, I've something of a soft spot for Elbow myself, and thought the latest album rather good.

Off to Half Man Half Biscuit up the road at the forum on thursday...very excited.

and to add some music to the room, have some Blanket

Shut up the pair of you. I AM cool!

Mellencamp can be forgiven his early pomp-rock dalliances and in style and body of work is pretty similar to The Boss only without the acclaim.

And as for you old-man McGabhann, I was not wearing my jacket at the time of the tutting. And any tutting that occurred was aimed at the simpering punk of Tv on the radio or the oh-so-samey Streets who don't seem to have progressed in the last six years!

Right, I'm off to write my next column for readers digest.