Music Room *It's fully soundproofed*

mockney piers

Their first album was a sort of psychedelic beach boys, but I really love the follow up The Trials of Van Occupanther.

There's more than a smidgeon of the Mac in there, I'd place them a bit closer to Steely Dan though myself.

In fact just about anything on the Bella Union label is usually at least worth checking out.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm almost loathe to post here as it's all a load

> of made-up elitist nonsense that is designed

> purely to flatter our own own egomaniacal

> overinflated sense of self-worth and nobody pays

> attention anyway, buuuut this came up on my

> shuffle, a lovely song.

Leave the music thread alone! For me, it's a very rich source of music that I've never heard before. Most of the music on this thread wouldn?t get radio play. Most of my CD collection wouldn?t get radio play. Bring it on. It really never occurred to me that people might be showing off. Why would you even think that though?

Mockney - you do realise don't you that YOU started the Music thread? Well done. What did you actually have in mind originally though? Did that not pan out for you?

I think you may have missed the buckets of treacle like bitter irony I swamped that post, following some criticism in the other music thread and the threads to avoid thread. ;-)

Luckily only we merry band of few ever read this thread, so noone need ever know.

Here's a good'un by White Denim. Nice to see that old 70s style rock back in fashion, not sure who kicked it off, Kings of Leon, White Stripes? But with People like Comets on Fire and Wolfmother around, its a good time for it.

All you really have to do

I can't get enough of this folk-pop stuff at the moment and these guys are as good as anything else I've heard.

(Unfortunately I'm not sure what track this is)

I particularly enjoy the fact that they used to be called 'Woodpigeon Divided By Antelope Equals Squirrel' but decided it was too unwieldy! They are described as a "sort of semi-acoustic Arcade Fire or a full-band version of Sufjan Stevens" which is about right.