Music Room *It's fully soundproofed*

mockney piers

With Control hitting the cinemas, I thought I'd pop up a little Joy Division

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But these guys are good in their own rights too

Interpol - NYC

Editors - Munich

and finally, couldn't resist

Half Man half Biscuit - Joy Division Oven Gloves

very good, very clever :)

I have heard many good things about the new album and liked the 2 songs I have heard but 10 years on from Moloko or not, I can't hear 5 seconds of The Time Is Now without wanting to damage something. Anything

Could be repetitious use by Sky Sports

Or it could be repetitious use by neighbours until 5am

either way, her voice is associated with Bad Things

Oh god yes, any of those bubblegum eurotrash tunes make me go a bit wild-eyed and throbbing-templed.

This tune was a favourite of one of the chaps in the hifi shop I worked in as a student and used as his classic demo cd, cranking it up anything up to 50-60 times on a saturday.

It makes me want to kill people.

Aeorsmith - Love in an Elevator

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If I say the rhythm section on that track is the

> same as Tin Machine Jah, will it put you off?

Definitely not. Hunt and Tony Sales wasn't it? It was just all the guitar wankery and poor songs that did it for me in Tin Machine.

very true.

I think the dance music scene was probably worse than anything else for that.

I loved proper rave, everyone together, all loved up, dancing like an idiot, it really about the music as long as it got everyone going.

I think I washed my hands of the whole scene in about '93 when all that horrible terminology came into play and everything fractured into scenes; the hard-sub-proto-house-kids versus the happy-intelligent-beatniks who never darkened the doorsteps of the progressive-break-trip-miami-speed-synth-euro-clashers hating the dark-2-step-goan-psy-techno-trancers.

AAAAAAAAAGH

Anyway, a blast from the past

Family Foundation - Express Yourself

No doubt I've got it all wrong and this isn't rave at all but deep house hardcore :-$

Who cares, let's enjoy it anyway. Happy House? Der....aah! Going to raves, finding it's on some farmland off the M25, house parties, warehouse parties, arms aloft, shirt off, dancing like a lunatic for hours on end, e'd of your tits, "I love you maan," no violence, smiley happy people. Those were the days. God! I'm really sounding like an old git now.

Have some of this maaaan and get into a Higher State of Consciousness.

Josh Wink