Music Room *It's fully soundproofed*

mockney piers

Jimmy Mac, nice Johnny Cash linking there.

Can't do any clever next progression song, so instead I present this to you, there isn't even any music but I watched this on Family Guy last night and laughed so hard I think I actually went blind for a bit.

not for the faint-hearted*

*very juvenile but funny

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My last for the day.

> It's a good'un this time.

>

> In fact were it not for Mrs Mockney I'd be tempted

> to go to New Yoik and stalk this lady, she rocks.

>

> Regina Spektor *sighs*

Mockney - you speak the truth!!

I saw her do a private London gig last month and I almost cried she was so utterly wonderful... She is simply the best thing around at the moment, although I do favour her older albums over the new one.

Also if you like her, try Joanna Newsom: http://www.dragcity.com/bands/newsom.html

She's a bit of an aquired taste but give it a go.

You lucky thing, a friend of mine saw her at hammersmith and couldn't stop talking about it for weeks.

Don't you worry Napoleon Solo-k, I'm Joanna Newsomed up to the max. Ys was my album of 2006 too.

Yes I agree Regina's new album is a little too slick, but still has some great moments like the linked Apres le Deluge. I just couldn't find a video to chemo limo ;)

On a similar note I'd recommend Coco Rosie, Cat Power, Martha Wainwright and the wonderful Laura Veirs, to which I lunk a few posts up. In fact I also lunk to Sandy Denny, sort of a godmother to them all I guess (though a dead one obviously).

Martha Tilston is well worth a listen too, I shall dig around. Watch this space.

Aahh... Martha Wainwright! She's saved my soul on a number of occasions.

Haven't heard of Coco Rosie or Cat power though, will have a MYspace shuffty now.

On a purely 'check out my mates' tip, have a look at 6 Day Riot: http://www.myspace.com/6dayriot

And on another note, I'm heading to Jazzlive in the Crypt in Camberwell tonight to catch The Dave Warren Quartet... apparently bop blues and latin!

*Na nna nna na na ... on call....* love that new Kings of Leon single....