Vintage shop - North X RD

Most vintage shops smell of mothballs and goodness knows what else. Embalming fluid? Who knows?

Don't get me wrong; I'll definitely be there on opening day to sniff it out (so to speak). I'm just saying that in the past I've been really disappointed.

To clarify, what I saw was a freestanding sandwich board advertising new vintage clothes store.

Peckhamgatecrasher - I got the impression that this was a new venture. As you probably know, ChiChiRaRa is on Upland Rd. I suppose we could PM her though!

Giggirl - have you been in ChiChiRaRa or the back bit of Grace and Favour? - gems galore and not at all smelly.

Just to clarify... The sandwich board is NOT referring to a new vintage clothes shop, but a new location of the 'Times Tables' vintage/antiques shop below the video shop on Lordship Lane that also has a stall out at the NX Road market on a Saturday. Was in there current location on Saturday and asked after it, and they confirmed it was them, and that they'll be moving in the next month or so. The new place will be basically opposite the Blue Brick cafe, it seems. New larger location will mean more furniture, apparently..

Someone told me about the place you have referred to on this forum, and hence I was able to purchase Nicole Farhi jumper from there that is a sort of a mixed work of art/engineering, for just ?10.

Find I am now suffering from desire to ask you pls not to tell anyone else about it, or the prices will go up and all the good things will go before I can get there again. Isn't that awful.

The North Cross Vintage Store is due to open on 1st May....not sure whether to go and vote in the Mayoral election or go and check out the shop! It's not quite opposite the Blue Mountain. It at the rear of 31, North Cross Road, and the entrance is the white door just round the corner in Fellbrigg Road.