Shed some light...(questions you never knew the answers too)

bean_and_legumes

It's a song by James Blunt so I wouldn't try and attach any meaning to it. It probably just rhymed.

And talking of toast and shit songs a quick shout out for Des Ree with:

"I don't want to see a ghost/It's the sight that I fear most/I'd rather have a piece of toast/Watch the evening news".

Lovely.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why are deserted forests full of the sound of

> falling trees.

As a feminist friend once asked me

"If a tree falls in a deserted forest, and there is no one there to hear it,

Is the man still wrong ? "

I personally don't think there is a correct answer to that question, so kept very quiet at the time (which was still wrong apparently)

Why is handball an Olympic sport?

Oh and if you are leaving a place, let?s say a chiropractors consulting rooms, and you see someone you know sitting in the waiting room, you are just passing and not stopping so there is only time for a quick salutation, do you say hello or goodbye?

The short answer about handball is because of the Germans. They love it. They hosted the 1936 Olympics where it made its debut and then again at Munich in 1972 where it was introudced for the second time. After that it kinda stuck around - the continental Europeans seem to like it and since the Olympic Association is a continental European entity it's not too difficult to see how it happened.

Oh and how about "ahoy-hoy"?

No shortage of moggies in my garden.

A little time ago I went away for a few days.

Came back switched on the lights two ladies from around the corner rang the bell within minutes

and were in earnest to say a cat had become trapped behind my shed

the cat had been miaowing for three days and nights it must have been somewhat wearing to put up with

I went and released it

and that is the end of the story

I have no cat

and no shortage of cats either

I think they should have stop motion (frame by frame) animations in strips along the walls of the tunnels so that you can watch them through the windows as you go along. It will be quite amusing when the train keeps on slowing down and then speeding up and the slowing down and then speeding up and then?

Who said this about whom?

?If he had died in the fifties, he would have been regarded as a god. If he had died in the sixties the world would have viewed him as a very great man indeed. Alas, he died in the seventies, what can one say??

I honestly don't know but would like to if someone more knowledgable can help me out.

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As for the vast majority of the time, and on most

> lines, tube trains travel underground in complete

> darkness, what is the point in them having

> windows?

>

> The announcer tells you which station you are at

> so you don't need them for that either.

Sorry to be a sad git but only 42% (sorry that was from memory - it's actually 45%) of London Underground track is actually, erm, underground. Possibly an answer you never knew the question to?

Edit to correct figure