Southwark Primary School Admissions for Sept 2013

Tomorrow letters detailing primary school allocations will be sent out 1st class and will be available online from 5pm.

If you're dissapointed with your families allocation please get in touch. Between 17 April and 2 May when people confirm places and waiting lists do shift.

Last year in Southwark 78% of families received their first choice primary school.

Southwark will as always will also provide support for families unhappy with their allocation.

Of the 145 families who didnt get one of their six preferences 72 came from the wider East Dulwich area.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

To add to what James has said,

Liam White, the School Preference Advisor holds one to one sessions with parents to help them out if they are unhappy with their allocations.

Tel: 0207 525 5211 Email: [email protected]

www.southwarkparentpartnership.co.uk

Waiting lists do shift quite a lot between offer day and September, so don't panic if in the first round your are unhappy with the school you have been allocated.

Good luck everybody for tomorrow,

Renata

Thanks for the advice, Renata. I will email Liam on the address you provided. We have not been offered any of our 6 choices - instead a school in West Norwood that I haven't heard of and won't be able to get to (far too far to walk and not on a bus route). Feeling pretty shafted - we only live 500-odd metres from our first choice.

If anyone has any further advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ryekids Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just over 450 yards from Goodrich and did not get

> in. Have been offered Langbourne.

me too. but not as close to goodrich, but close to 4 other schools amd get one 3.5 miles away that is trick on bus and then long walk !

I'm not affected this year but would advise not to panic. You are normally placed on the waiting lists for schools that were higher up your choice. Also, there is a huge amount of movement, particularly in the next two weeks as people accept/decline places but it continues right up until Sept.

the worst that happens is you go to a school temporarily and change later as we did (beginning of year two) as London has such a transcient population moving schools is quite normal. Hold on it should be ok but may be nail biting enroute xx