Post not being delivered by Royal Mail

gazzam

On a positive note, although all my subscription magazines have been delivered late, and some very late, I believe I have now received all outstanding issues. The next ones are due on Friday. If they do arrive then it may be that, at least for my deliveries, we have got, or are getting, back to what should be normal.

I'm not holding my breathe on that, and I do know there is other mail outstanding. But not, I think a lot.

On a positive note, although all my subscription magazines have been delivered late, and some very late, I believe I have now received all outstanding issues. The next ones are due on Friday. If they do arrive then it may be that, at least for my deliveries, we have got, or are getting, back to what should be normal.

I'm not holding my breathe on that, and I do know there is other mail outstanding. But not, I think a lot.

No mail on Thursday and Friday as they will be striking.

Delighted to get 2 items of post this week. However when I phoned the sender of one item in Scotland to thank her she said she had posted it a couple of months ago! A catalogue for my partner had special offer prices if he ordered by 10th November... The only 'good' thing that I can see coming out of this is no way am I risking ordering any Christmas gifts on the web this year, all my purchases will be made from our many lovely local traders.

no way am I risking ordering any Christmas gifts on the web this year, all my purchases will be made from our many lovely local traders.

If you are having stuff delivered to third parties outside SE22 this shouldn't be an issue - and for many companies you can now arrange local pick-up - where 3rd party (non Royal Mail) carriers are concerned. If you have a 'local' friend who is local but not in SE22 you could arrange delivery to them (with their agreement) as the real problems seem to lie with the SE22 Delivery Office (now in Peckham).

Which is not to argue against using local traders, of course, but for some products they may not be able to offer as wide a range locally. The footprints of most local stores are limited, which means the range of stocking may also be - so they may not have (to quote the Beattie ad of many years ago) 'all the sizes in all the colours'.

I recieved a letter from a debt collection company yesterday on behalf of euro car parks for parking in tessa jowel clinic even though I had an appointment the offence was committed on the 7th September but did not recieve a pcn from them , the first I heard of this was when I got this letter from the debt company asking for £155 , I've sent an email to euro car parks about this and iam waiting for a reply .. I refuse point t blank to pay this fine as I had no letter from them apparently they sent 2 or 3 to me. I will let them take me to court

I will let them take me to court

I would write to Helen Hayes about this - she can supply a letter to the Court (if she agrees!) supporting your contention that the postal service has been locally so bad that non-delivery of such letters in a timely fashion is now the rule rather than the exception. It is better to clear this up, however, before it comes to Court proceedings - so getting a letter of support from your MP (Ms Hayes) to use with the debt collectors/ the firm managing Tessa Jowell parking before any case goes to court will be a far less expensive route.

Do also remember that, appointment or no, you are required to book-in your number plate at Tessa Jowell when parking to avoid proceedings. If you didn't do that, the best you may hope for is that the postal delays mean that you can pay the minimum fine rather than one exacerbated by postal delays!