Post not being delivered by Royal Mail

gazzam

Is it correct that the HIghshore Road debacle is only affecting deliveries and collections are seperate?

If not, I was wondering if I wanted to bypass the local chaos to post 20 cards what would be the most sensible solution, whats the nearest posting spot one could get to that is (touchwood) trouble free?

Collections go into sorting offices, these are different from delivery offices, DOs, where our problems lie. So you should be able to post anywhere in SE22 with confidence. But remember that some post boxes (such as ones outside POs often) offer a higher level of service; it is those where you should post test samples tor instance.

I'm in SE21 with different sorting office and haven't seen any post in the last fortnight either. Had dinner with a relative who is temping at Royal Mail in another South London borough and he says the depot is completely overwhelmed, permanent staff are on a bit of a go slow, and unless there is a parcel or a tracked package involved, items are likely at the bottom of a large pile of stuff. Virtual Christmas cards this year!

On a related note, I diligently filled in the form and posted off my old-style stamps to the designated Freepost address weeks and weeks ago, and no sign of any new style replacements. I did take a photo of the form and stamps before sending, but I'm not optimistic about receiving the replacements, it has to be said.

I'm in SE21 with different sorting office and haven't seen any post in the last fortnight either.

With the current industrial actions all letter post is being delayed, the PO prioritising parcel delivery and (in my case at least) delivery of unasked for catalogues. The CWU is threatening Christmas Card deliveries through to mid February (so, for us in SE22, no real change from last year, when we were getting cards at end January (with no industrial action!)

The problems in SE22 date back to 4 years ago when they started to close our DO in Silvester Road, moving delivery to an office in Peckham which was already hard pressed. Technically that site now hosts 2 DOs. At the best of times for most of the 4 years we have been receiving deliveries 2 days a week (it should be 6, to remind people).

Today I received 3 subscribed-for magazines, two weeklies delivered a week and 2 days late, and one fortnightly delivered 13 days late! - Very much par for the course.

I'm in SE22 and my microwave from John Lewis was dispatched and out for deliver last month but never arrived despite being tracked. RM checked with the local sorting office who never replied to explain where it went. RM told me to complain to JL . So I'm not happy with RM at all and especially not Peckham sorting office.

There is a report in the sun (came to me via next door before anyone asks) that shows where service problems are

Se22 is highlighted ... Christmas cards are cancelled

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/17432320/royal-mail-delivery-delays-postcode-list/

Interesting to see Herne Hill and West Norwood are also suffering with similar postal issues as well, but West Dulwich isn't on the list.

Although the industrial action is causing some delay outside SE22, it is our appalling service which is so disheartening, but us stopping buying cards won't destroy the industry. If everyone had our service the industry, and indeed Royal Mail, certainly wouldn't survive.

There will remain some type of postal system but it is likely that it will be further scaled back as Royal Mail have clearly demonstrated that it is both unreliable and their is a lack of caring about how items within the Royal Mail system are kept, i.e. outdoors in all weathers, resulting in some items probably being trashed. With postage rates continuing to rise, alternatives to Royal Mail will no doubt appear in addition to the existing courier companies. Likely to be a steady and gradual decline.

And whilst I do not blame posties wanting increased wages for the job they do six days a week, management want to change working practices to make a profit, but am I not mistaken that they did make a profit in the last quarter whilst also managing to make a loss each day?? That doesn't compute. And the shareholders who get a pretty dividend at the expense of the Post system, does make you wonder!!!!!!!